Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many collectors here "downgrade" cards?

3 posters

Go down

How many collectors here "downgrade" cards? Empty How many collectors here "downgrade" cards?

Post by scott elkins Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:52 pm

I have done this SEVERAL times over the years and notice from Quan's posts that he has done this as well recently (downgrade cards). Personally, I have done it in order to spend the difference betweent the two grades on other cards I wanted or liked at the time (and b/c I wanted to keep a copy of the card I was downgrading).

How many of you have ever downgraded a card?

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
How many collectors here "downgrade" cards? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100How many collectors here "downgrade" cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

How many collectors here "downgrade" cards? Empty Re: How many collectors here "downgrade" cards?

Post by sabrjay Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:34 pm

I constantly downgrade. The downgrade has to still meet all my usual criteria, no heavy crease in the face, name legible on the card, bio on back legible. I'm not adverse to buying high grade cards, but only if it's a really good price. Downgrading then allows me to still have that player in my set while while more cards to my collection.

I am also in the process of weeding out expensive type cards of "common" players like Doyle and Wiltse so that I can add more cards to my collection without actually having to spend more money.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
How many collectors here "downgrade" cards? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100How many collectors here "downgrade" cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

How many collectors here "downgrade" cards? Empty Re: How many collectors here "downgrade" cards?

Post by JK2 Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:05 pm

I have downgraded - usually only if I can pick up a card that looks as good or nicer despite having a lower grade. For example, I am trying to put together as visually attractive an e93 set as possible (within my budget - which essentially means mid-grade or lower). Ive downgraded an sgc 80 griffith for a 70 (that looks better in my opinion) and an sgc 70 Ames for an sgc 60 (both were traded - I was able to get visually equivilent lower grade cards and a couple thousand in cash for the higher grade cards). I also sold an sgc 40 donovan after picking up this beauty (raw on ebay for under $50):

How many collectors here "downgrade" cards? File0783LargeMedium
JK2
JK2
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
How many collectors here "downgrade" cards? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How many collectors here "downgrade" cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down