Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences

+3
cccc
Bosox Blair
jbonie
7 posters

Go down

Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Empty Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences

Post by jbonie Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:56 pm

Okay, here are the experiences I have had with the few ebay dealers I have bought/consigned/negotiated with. Hopefully others can chime in with their experiences as well.

Brent Huigens (Pre-War Card Collector) - smooth transaction, accurate description
Tony Arnold - congenial but overpriced, bargained with him but he never came close to fair value
"Pastime08" - impossible to negotiate with, took $75 off a card priced $950, way over fair value. later admitted that he knew it was overpriced but didn't want to sell the card!
David Bryan - Consigned to him. He communicated well and had good service.
Buckler Cards/"SomersetVelvet" - Negotiated a fair price, card inaccurately described but did accept return. Good service.

Hopefully others can chime in with their experiences? This type of thread could wind up saving a lot of folks on this board a considerable amount of time that would be otherwise wasted.

Last edited by jbonie on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Empty Re: Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences

Post by Bosox Blair Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:43 pm

jbonie wrote:Tony Andrea - congenial but overpriced, bargained with him but he never came close to fair value

Hi Jamie,

Just want to make sure you are talking about Tony Andrea (3-2 Count), as opposed to tonyetrade (I think his name is Tony Arnold).

I have done multiple purchases with both and have no complaints about either, but I found Tony Andrea more willing to make a deal than tonyetrade.

(I'm only posting this b/c I've seen others make this common mistake on the boards before!)
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Empty Re: Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences

Post by cccc Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:50 pm

i have found tony 3-2-count andrea pricing to be on the fair side also, and he's also very reasonable.

tony etrade arnold is a full time dealer and his prices are high mostly.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Thanks for the heads up Blair & Quan. Jamie's gotta be speaking of Tony Arnold. I'm to damn lovable to be over priced. naughty

ps- for the record, many collectors mistake me for Etrade.....
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:56 pm

3-2-count wrote:
ps- for the record, many collectors mistake me for Etrade.....

wouldn't be a bad trade-off if you can inherit his inventory.

i've also dealt once or twice with tony arnold when he first had his site up, but not lately.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:35 am

cccc wrote:

Ain't that the truth Quan. Etrade is the caramel king for sure.
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:42 am

3-2-count wrote:
cccc wrote:

Ain't that the truth Quan. Etrade is the caramel king for sure.

His 19th century stuff aint too shabby either, eg. G&B Comiskey and Yum Yum Anson he has on ebay right now...
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:47 am

Hard to excited about the G&B Anson since the wrong player is pictured
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:50 am

sabrjay wrote:Hard to excited about the G&B Anson since the wrong player is pictured

Yeah - definitely a drawback that it pictures Williamson, not Anson. But I would happily welcome it into my collection nonetheless!
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:02 am

Sorry Tony! (i.e., Mr. Andrea). Slight mental lapse there. Yes, I meant Tony Arnold.

Now that the db is accurate, does anyone else care to add to it?
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:06 am

bagger's sportscards--great to deal with. work out offline deals to save even more
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:13 am

No problem Jamie. I think everyone knew who you meant...... righton
I would like to add Joe's Vintage Sportscard's to the outstanding seller's list. A+ seller and collector!!
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:09 am

3-2-count wrote:No problem Jamie. I think everyone knew who you meant...... righton
I would like to add Joe's Vintage Sportscard's to the outstanding seller's list. A+ seller and collector!!

+1 as a reco for Shoeless Joe's

Andrea is an ok guy too Very Happy (very fair, up front, and honest)

nothing but positive experiences with Arnold too.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Ebay Dealer Database - Write Your Experiences Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down