Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picture and brief summary...

+22
rholmes
Bosox Blair
Jim Rivera cfc1909
terjung
TheRiddler
asoriano
Comisky
TheBig6
Bicem
vintagewhitesox
glenv
Jacklitsch
crazylocomerk
hanksta
bowlingshoeguy
onlychild
cccc
scott elkins
fisherboy7
yawie99
sabrjay
Square_Frame_Ramly
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Empty Re: Picture and brief summary...

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:46 pm

Jim jr. and Jim sr. smallmouth fishing in Pennsylvania last May. Second picture is just to show how good the fishing is in the spring in Pennsylvania

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Jimjim11

Last edited by Jim Rivera cfc1909 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:47 pm

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Jimjr10
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:52 am

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Janna10

had to post one more pic-my oldest daughter wanted it to be known she can catch fish too-Janna
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:18 am

It looks like she can handle the fish better than your boy, priceless expression.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:25 pm

Well, let's see...I'm a lifetime Red Sox fan and my main vintage card collection reflects that. Besides baseball and baseball cards, my main hobbies are wine tasting and collecting, and guitar playing and collecting. (Everything eventually becomes a collection with me Laughing ).

Here's a photo of me with my better half at a monumental wine tasting event in Seattle:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f61/13/21/05/30/blair_13.jpg

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Blair_14
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:22 am

Been a while since someone posted in this thread. How about some recent ones from the El Limon waterfalls, located in the Samana peninsula of the Dominican Republic:

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 15451_10

It was about an hour and a half horseback ride up some pretty rough terrain to get there. Quite a view up the 170 ft falls. There were some little caves behind the falls that were fun to swim around in Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 182900

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 15451_11
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Amazing waterfall. I'm sure that was more than worth the ride

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Empty Great...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:10 pm

pics Ben...

Here is me, my son and daughter at Halloween...

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 320_im10
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:31 am

looks like paradise ben...i really wanna do some volunteer work to one of these places but it probably sounds better than it actually is.

here's me with my dad, brother, and jackie chan in asia a couple months back (not pictured...jackie chan)

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Family
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:38 am

also brian in the pic below you look like a dead ringer for alexei yashin...russian first ever hockey first rounder, and (former?) mr. carol alt.

this is the 1st pic off google, i have hockey cards with head shots that are even better matched! scary...

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Alexei_yashin1_sportguide

terjung wrote:

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Imgp0611

-Brian
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:07 pm

Wow Quan I have to agree, the Alexei Yashin resemblance is uncanny. I'm a far bigger fan of Brian than I am of Yashin though (what a bum).

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Yashin_hotel-lobby
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:08 pm

Interesting! I am not familiar with him. My wife says that there is some resemblence in that ping pong picture, so you guys must be right. Can I have his paycheck?

I have no idea how big of a schmuck he is, but I do appreciate your vote of confidence, Ben!
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:42 pm

terjung wrote:I have no idea how big of a schmuck he is, but I do appreciate your vote of confidence, Ben!

Well if you weren't aware, Yashin was a star hockey player in the 90's and most of the 00's. He had all the talent in the world, but never lived up to it.

A couple reasons why he is/was a schmuck. First, he decided to make a 1 million dollar donation to the National Arts Center in Ottawa, only to rescind that donation shortly after, citing lack of support for Russian artists as his reason. He also refused to play for an entire NHL season for the Ottawa Senators because he felt he wasn't getting paid enough. His hold out for that year cost him nearly $4 million. He signed with the New York Islanders the following year, 10 year contract worth 87 million smackaroos. That turned out to be a crippling contract for the Islanders franchise and it didn't seem like Yashin even tried very hard after signing that deal. He's retired from the NHL now, doing god knows what.

All in all, he's not a very likable character to say the least. Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 192340
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:48 am

I see. I hadn't heard of him before that. Thanks for the 411.

So, he is a jerk that makes millions of dollars and sleeps with supermodels. That sounds about right. Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 825340
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rholmes Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:27 pm

For better or worse I thought I'd revive this thread, as I'm new on the forum and it seems there are a few others. I always like these anyway...good to see who you're dealing with. Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 728769

Anyhow, the pic is me and the GF a couple of weeks ago on the ferry in NY harbor after a long, hot day on governor's island.

As far as other stuff, I work for a production company in nyc making commercials...not the greatest, but it helps keep me in cards. I also do some leatherwork on the side, which really is the thing that helps with the cards. Some of what I do:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RHolmesCustomLeather

Ray

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Ferry
rholmes
rholmes
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:58 am

Nice leather work Ray...do you make gun holsters also. I own a CZ 9mm and Taurus 45 and would love to buy a nice leather holster for them.

Can't help it when i look at you name near the avatar (rholmes) thinking of Rupert Holmes (Pina Colada song).

Maybe i should update my pic and brief summary....Still a stay at home dad with 2 kids boy(9) Girl(3). Used to be a tool and die machinist. I enjoy Golf, texas hold'em, beach and summer here in CT. Spring, summer and fall are great here but i hate winter.

Collect M116, T204 ans whatever i like that month.

Updated pic of me and my girl at Old Orchard beach ME.

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Img_0610
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:53 pm

mark you have one cool talent--being able to look like a bad-ass in every picture.

and since i'm on a roll--ray you look like a skinny, hairier john malkovich. very cool leather work. another hobby of mine is watches and i've bought a few aftermarket straps from calfskin or wwII ammo pouches so i can appreciate the craftsmanship.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by rholmes Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Thanks, Mark. I haven't done any holsters yet, but I think I pretty easily could. The thing that has held me back is the stitching...as of now whatever I do it all by hand, old-school saddle stitching, and it's hard on my hands, not to mention time consuming. Need to get a machine when I have more space. But yeah, one of these days when I get some time maybe I'll do something for you as as test, for the price of materials. Though I guess we'd need a dummy to get the moulding right as well...hm. Anyway, I'll think about it.

Nice pic, btw! I used to go to Maine every summer as a kid and went to Old Orchard Beach a number of times. Good memories.

Ray
rholmes
rholmes
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rholmes Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Yah, Quan, you wouldn't be the first with the John Malkovich reference. At least I like him...

And hey, I just noticed I've become a Full Count major-leaguer. Awesome. Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 408520
rholmes
rholmes
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:28 pm

Yes, i you would need my gun to mold it...CZ have a particular shape. Will figure something out down the road. Maybe i can shape my gun from a piece of wood.

Ha,Ha Quan...i'm no "bad ass", just keep to myself.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Fair is fair, so here I go with my photo:

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Jamie10

Went from the north rim down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that day (and back up!) The walk down was beautiful, the walk back up - quite grueling!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:16 pm

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Apic
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:44 pm

I thought I was the only fool that ever went to the north rim. It really is great view and walk.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:47 pm

Now that's a bad ass look Jamie... Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 Icon_lol
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:25 pm

Picture and brief summary... - Page 3 DLpic
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next