Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obaks

+2
ullmandds
wonkaticket
6 posters

Go down

Obaks Empty Obaks

Post by wonkaticket Thu May 12, 2011 1:37 am

Thought I would share some images with the Obak fans. Easily my second favorite series of baseball cards. These are the sets from the recent REA auction this adds even more Obaks to my already existing copies and finishes all 3 sets for me.

These all came from one collection of a hobby veteran and collector P.Pollard. Pollard also was the original owner of the Zeenuts, T210’s, T211’s and T209’s sold in REA and was quite the minor league and card collector.

I was so excited to get the collection and keep them together for now for future generations of collectors. All were old school and I love it reminds of my youth. All cards were in sheets like below. I have been slowly taking them from their sheets and prepping for grading with SGC. I’ll post them as they return if you would like?

Obaks Sheets

The cards themselves are amazing and some of the best condition tobacco cards I have seen in 25 years of collecting, real gems.

Obaks IMG_0766

Kudos also goes out to the REA staff. We hear all the horror stories when cards aren’t as described or when the scandals are juicy but not often do folks come on and say perfect as described, which in this case they are.

If Mr. Pollards other cards look as nice as these the new owners are in for a real treat.

Obaks Scan0008Obaks Scan0010Obaks Scan0009_1

Not everything can always stay together but sometimes (Carter, Conlon, Nagy etc.) but it’s nice at least for me to think that these will be together a bit longer. It was a neat feeling pulling cards from sheets that were most likely last touched when they were put in there by one of our hobby’s more prolific collectors.

Cheers,

John
wonkaticket
wonkaticket
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Obaks Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Obaks Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/piojohn3/collection

Back to top Go down

Obaks Empty Re: Obaks

Post by ullmandds Thu May 12, 2011 1:44 am

Those are gorgeous John...Obaks have such great, vivid colors...fantastick!!! You have a complete set of series 150...can't remember the year? That's pretty tough...and they're all so nice!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Obaks Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Obaks Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu May 12, 2011 2:26 am

The 1909s are my favorite Obaks, but overall, to me, they are much better looking set than the t206s. And how can you not like a card with the name Ten Million.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Obaks Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Obaks Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Thu May 12, 2011 3:17 am

John thank you so much for sharing. Those are absolutely gorgeous!!! This collection couldn't have landed in better hands.
No doubt they're where they belong......... bow
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Obaks Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Obaks Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu May 12, 2011 4:43 am

Clearly the greatest minor league set of all time, with beautiful colors and great artwork. Thank you for sharing!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Obaks Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Obaks Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Thu May 12, 2011 12:20 pm

thanks for the new background image for my computer! bananarama
Bicem
Bicem