Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you started anything completely new this year?

+2
yawie99
scott elkins
6 posters

Go down

Have you started anything completely new this year? Empty Have you started anything completely new this year?

Post by scott elkins Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:51 pm

I know many collectors are like myself and their habits change quite often. What "new" collecting habit have you started this year?

About the newest part of my collecting habit has been my concentration on T206 Piedmont Fact. 42's for my personal collection. I have also tried to focus on picking up more T206's that were issued in the 460 series only with any back, as these are cheaper and more readily available than other cards I collect.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Have you started anything completely new this year? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Have you started anything completely new this year? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Have you started anything completely new this year? Empty Re: Have you started anything completely new this year?

Post by yawie99 Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:03 pm

No new projects for me this year, or hopefully ever. But I did abandon one so that I could focus more closely on random collecting.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Have you started anything completely new this year? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Have you started anything completely new this year? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Have you started anything completely new this year? Empty Re: Have you started anything completely new this year?

Post by scott elkins Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:12 pm

Steve, I had to abandon some of my collecting habits as well recently. My case was different from yours, as I simply couldn't afford collecting all the varieties I was trying to collect. mallet

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Have you started anything completely new this year? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Have you started anything completely new this year? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:25 pm

Well, money certainly plays a factor. I'm sure if I were loaded I'd be building all kinds of sets. But then again, maybe not, as my lack of patience and hobby ADD would probably derail projects even if money were no object.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Have you started anything completely new this year? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Have you started anything completely new this year? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:38 pm

I've got the same thing going, but I'm loving being stretched too thin, by going in too many directions simulatneously, that I get little accomplished. This is because accomplishment is not one of my goals.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Have you started anything completely new this year? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Have you started anything completely new this year? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:40 am

Nothing new for me. Getting close to completing my Delong set and seriously thinking about chasing the w572 set after my latest purchase of another group of them

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Have you started anything completely new this year? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Have you started anything completely new this year? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JK2 Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:34 pm

The most unusual thing for me is that I havent bought a single card since January 1. Still patiently searching out purple e94s in an attempt to build an all purple set.
JK2
JK2
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Have you started anything completely new this year? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Have you started anything completely new this year? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:29 pm

I've really stuck to my guns and only persuing my T206 Minneapolis semi-master set. It's a bit slower than usual since I haven't been finding any cards to flip...all the good deals seemed to have dried up.

sdbh
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Have you started anything completely new this year? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Have you started anything completely new this year? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down