Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question about miscuts

2 posters

Go down

question about miscuts  Empty question about miscuts

Post by lentel Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:35 am

I have a miscut question. I have seen prewar cards, especially t205's that have some of the border missing on the back. In some cases they recieve a miscut qualifier with the grade and some cases they dont. I know SGC doesnt give qualifiers but I believe both PSA and SGC have similar grading rules. Say a VGEX 4 Psa or 50 SGC where is states that centering should be 85/15 (90/10 on the back) I have seen cards with the whole side border gone on the back recieve these vgex grades. The fronts are centered and 85/15 or better. It seems confusing to me.

lentel
lentel
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
question about miscuts  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100question about miscuts  Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

question about miscuts  Empty Re: question about miscuts

Post by sabrjay Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Your question is more about centering than a miscut. Miscuts are cards that have a cut other than rectangular, such as a diamond cut which is very common in e-card non-sports cards. For some reason it seems to be less prevalent in baseball cards.

Backs don't seem to get much attention beyond looking for creases and paper loss. Unless it's grossly miscut, I'd don't think SGC marks down for an O/C back.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
question about miscuts  Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100question about miscuts  Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down