Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included

3 posters

Go down

a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Empty a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included

Post by cccc Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:54 pm

i ranted on the beckett board (my new hangout Smile) but thought i should relay the news to my fc family here also. how hard is it to ship for these modern crap seller? i'm trying to embrace the shiny goodness but seems like they're pushing me away!

...and we probably need to open another paypal dispute frustrated
a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Arod

Last edited by cccc on Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Empty Re: a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included

Post by hrbaker Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:53 pm

Quan,

Come back from the darkside.
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Empty Re: a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included

Post by cccc Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:05 am

too late jeff. i'm working backward, sell your valuable prewars and buy worthless modern cards. sounds like a plan! Cool
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyHarmonica Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:13 pm

Seems fitting for an A-rod card, now just rip it in half and you will have a real gem on your hands !! Now if that was a Mauer card it would be a true tragedy !!!!!!!!!!!
JohnnyHarmonica
JohnnyHarmonica
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hrbaker Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Inject a little "boli" into it and watch the crease go right away.
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:13 am

gotta give some props to ebay, as a buyer you're tightly protected now. seller refused to do anything and didn't even reply. i filed a case with ebay...after giving seller a week they went ahead and sent me a UPS label. i dropped the card in the mail back to the seller. once it's confirmed delivered i got my money back with the shipping. i know 2nd hand of a guy who got ripped off for a $7500 watch (german seller sent him some rocks). ebay also got his full money back within a week.

cliffnotes/lesson: go ahead and gamble up all on those questionable/reprint cards on ebay. in case it's not legit you're covered up the ying yang Cool

extra shiny!
a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Arod-1
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyHarmonica Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:22 pm

How many years apart are the Arod autos in your post, amazing how quickly they change styles or is one a roid auto and other post roid ?
JohnnyHarmonica
JohnnyHarmonica
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100a modern VG card...EBAY UPDATE included Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:04 pm

1993 and 2000. seems like the 18yo was more attentive with his whole name while the 2000 spoiled superstar took some shortcuts. 2 completely different signatures. I love how the old timers were very careful to be ornate and spell out their whole names
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyHarmonica Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:46 pm

I wasn't sure if that was a retro or real 93 card, that has to be one of his better cards ! The 2000 auto looks more like Cal Ripken than Arod !
JohnnyHarmonica
JohnnyHarmonica
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down