Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your favorite modern cards?

+3
cccc
sabrjay
fisherboy7
7 posters

Go down

What are your favorite modern cards? Empty What are your favorite modern cards?

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:42 am

I don't collect modern stuff, but growing up my two dream cards were the 1979 O-Pee-Chee Gretzky rookie, and the 1986 Fleer Jordan rookie. They had icon status in my mind and never thought I'd get to own one (eventually I did, but not for a long while). I still love the way they look - both have a great design, and depict the two greatest team sport athletes of all time (imo) in their youth.

What are yours?

What are your favorite modern cards? 79tgretzky102 What are your favorite modern cards? 1986-Fleer-Michael-Jordan-basketball-card
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
What are your favorite modern cards? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100What are your favorite modern cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

What are your favorite modern cards? Empty Re: What are your favorite modern cards?

Post by sabrjay Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:06 am

!972 Topps Billy Martin and 1971 Topps Lowell Palmer. Also any card with Artis Gilmore and his giant 'fro
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What are your favorite modern cards? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What are your favorite modern cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

What are your favorite modern cards? Empty Re: What are your favorite modern cards?

Post by cccc Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:48 am

growing up, i loved the upper deck griffey. the shaq o'neal redemption card was also special, can't explain the feeling when i pulled those. also a 1990-91 opc premier jeremy roenick card, my first exposure to hockey. had the most fun just flipping through the set with nolan, nedved, ricci, jagr, fedorov etc. when you're young you have lots of heroes and they're infallible.

i was more in awe seeing the griffey card for the first time in the flesh than later seeing a t206 wagner.

What are your favorite modern cards? 100_3610
What are your favorite modern cards? Shaq10
What are your favorite modern cards? P1868167dt
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
What are your favorite modern cards? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100What are your favorite modern cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jpcw Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:15 pm

For me, it was the '83 Topps update Strawberry & the '84 Fleer & Topps update Goodens. Like Quan said, they seemed infallible. Who would have guessed what those two were about to do.
jpcw
jpcw
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
What are your favorite modern cards? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What are your favorite modern cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:13 pm

I think the Upper Deck Griffey was my favorite card to ever pull out of a pack...I thought I won the lottery when I pulled that. But I love the 1985 Topps Puckett and 1985 Donruss Mattingly.

Jay, I had the 72 Martin but my mom took it away...along with the Billy Ripken.
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What are your favorite modern cards? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What are your favorite modern cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:12 am

For timely redemption value: '85 Topps Mark McGwire Olympic Card, I sold this for $75 before it all hit the fan
For actual value: '80-'81 Topps Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Dr. J tri-panel
For aesthetic value: '76 Topps Football, big footballs with bigger afros
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
What are your favorite modern cards? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What are your favorite modern cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:56 pm

83 Topps Gwynn
84 Topps Mattingly
89 UD Griffey
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
What are your favorite modern cards? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What are your favorite modern cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down