Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hassan Triple Folds Theory

+4
ullmandds
hrbaker
pro9
sandmountainslim
8 posters

Go down

Hassan Triple Folds Theory Empty Hassan Triple Folds Theory

Post by sandmountainslim Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:45 pm

First off let me intro myself as a new member of the forum and small time collector of tobacco cards (no million dollar cards in my collection).

I have recently picked up a couple end panels from the T202 for cheap and while I have saw complete 202 cards I do not own any nor collect them.

Could it be possible that the original purpose of the triple fold cards was for them to be TWO cards and a photo rather than one complete long card??

To me the Hassan cards look like they were intended to be separated therefore giving the customer of Hassan Cigarettes two cards and a photo rather than the one card given out in the T205 sets by other cigarette brands....sort of a bargain.

Any thoughts on this ....or anyone wanna just scream "stone the blasphemer!" Very Happy

Anyways, nice to meet everyone and I am enjoying reading all the topics.
Wp
sandmountainslim
sandmountainslim
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Hassan Triple Folds Theory Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hassan Triple Folds Theory Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Hassan Triple Folds Theory Empty Re: Hassan Triple Folds Theory

Post by pro9 Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:47 pm

"stone the blasphemer!" Smile

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
Hassan Triple Folds Theory Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Hassan Triple Folds Theory Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hrbaker Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:49 pm

gathering rocks as we speak
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Hassan Triple Folds Theory Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Hassan Triple Folds Theory Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sandmountainslim Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:57 pm

hrbaker wrote:gathering rocks as we speak

Very Happy
I was just trying to look at it from an ole timey 1912 tobacco company/consumer standpoint.
I bet alot of smokers said "Hey! TWO cards and a picture! Hell with Polar Bear, I'm smokin' Hassan!!"

Wp
sandmountainslim
sandmountainslim
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Hassan Triple Folds Theory Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hassan Triple Folds Theory Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:56 am

Then t201's would have been meant to be torn in 1/2...creating 2 useless 1/2 torsos...stone the blasphemer!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Hassan Triple Folds Theory Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Hassan Triple Folds Theory Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:10 am

Interesting theory I never thought of. It might have some credence with the end panels being color and the center panel being B/W. Although them not being perforated does not bode well for the theory.

I have always found it curious that the end panels tend to be teammates but the center panels tend to not be from the same team.

I will return fire to all stone throwers. sh*t hits the fan

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Hassan Triple Folds Theory Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Hassan Triple Folds Theory Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Hassan Triple Folds Theory Empty Maybe they weren't meant to be separated, but...

Post by johnnycrab Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:15 pm

T202s probably were not meant to be separated, but I'm sure back in the day some kids separated the ends from the middles, placed them in piles, and played with them.

I'm kind of glad for the separated cards. It makes the ends and middles very affordable for a poor collector, plus they're easier to store in plastic pages. Wink
johnnycrab
johnnycrab
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

http://fielderjones.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mwieder Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:24 pm

bowlingshoeguy wrote:Although them not being perforated does not bode well for the theory.
Most, if not all, 1920s strip cards were not perforated.

mwieder
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Hassan Triple Folds Theory Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Hassan Triple Folds Theory Right_bar_bleue

http://picasaweb.google.com/mwieder/

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:52 pm

I am not that familiar with most of the strip cards, if not perforated were there cut lines?

Johnny Crab, If you are looking for plastic sheets. There are 2 options, the tall boy sheets or the plastic sheets used for putting photo negatives in (I like them because they are horizontal and not vertical).

What I find weird about buying end and center panels is that many times you can buy a whole card cheaper than the sum of the whole.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Hassan Triple Folds Theory Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Hassan Triple Folds Theory Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnycrab Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:13 pm

Lee,
I didn't know the T202s fit in negative sheets. I have some of those somewhere. Thanks for the heads up! I might pick up a whole card in the near future.

I was also unaware the T202 'parts' can be more expensive than the whole card. I bought my center panels in a lot on eBay a few years ago for about $35, and I picked up a Joe Wood end panel for around $5. I haven't looked at prices since though.

Peter
johnnycrab
johnnycrab
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

http://fielderjones.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:57 pm

if these weren't meant to be separated, why were they perforated? (is that the word? i think that's the first time i typed that word out)
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Hassan Triple Folds Theory Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Hassan Triple Folds Theory Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:59 pm

Those are really good prices, but there are times when you see common end panels go for $10 + and HOFers go for $50+. Heck if you are patient you can get a whole Cobb for $300-$400.

T202s have always been all over the board, but with patience you can get cards for reasonable prices.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:00 pm

Quan, T202s have fold lines on the end panels (and sometimes in the center). I was making reference to other cards having perforations.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:09 pm

ic, they're fold lines...not perforated. i now change my stance about them intended to be separated. commence the stoning Smile
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Hassan Triple Folds Theory Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Hassan Triple Folds Theory Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sandmountainslim Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:05 am

Ok, no one agrees on the Hassan cards so how about 1941 Double Play?
Each "half" of the cards had it's own number so were they not meant to be cut in half by the consumer?
Double Play was a more cheaply printed card than the Play Ball set so maybe they were trying to give kids twice the collection for the penny.
What say ye men??
Wp
sandmountainslim
sandmountainslim
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:15 am

Sounds like a new thread. It should get more responses.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down