Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY!

+2
jbonie
ullmandds
6 posters

Go down

MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Empty MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY!

Post by ullmandds Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:37 pm

Despite the fact I am a die hard Yankees fan...I am gravely disappointed at the twins performance in the ALDS...and I must say I think the Homer Hanky is part of the problem. IT is engineered to wipe away tears...usually in the form of a man offering his Hanky to a crying woman...or to wipe away snot...2 things that have nothing to do with winning baseball games.

Additionally the act of seeing grown men yelling "yankees suck" in one breath and then waving a hanky like my grandma used to from her 5th floor window in Staten Island... when we'd arrive...is quite silly and iffeminate.

I offer he who invents the replacement for the homer hanky will reap great riches...and will reverse this very short termed supposed curse!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Empty Re: MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY!

Post by jbonie Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:50 pm

[Toned Down]

Okay, seriously, enough about the irrelevant teams like the Twins and let's focus on the AL Championship Series.

Last edited by jbonie on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : toning down of suggestions)
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Empty Re: MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY!

Post by JohnnyHarmonica Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:50 pm

I heard they ran out of brooms this weekend in New York.
JohnnyHarmonica
JohnnyHarmonica
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Pete doesn't know what a real broom looks like so he wouldn't know. You should have seen the one he brought to the Twins game last year. But i do have to agree that something new needs to be thought up.

major disappointment for the Twins this year. Sad

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:20 pm

c'mon Lee...how many times are you going to bring that up?!?! I would have brought my oreck if twins security would have let me bring it in!!!

ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:46 pm

electric broom now that's something the Yankees would own and the Twins have a corn stalk broom.
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyHarmonica Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:42 pm

I just wish the Twins needed a broom for something besides sweeping home plate...........
JohnnyHarmonica
JohnnyHarmonica
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:58 pm

JohnnyHarmonica wrote:I heard they ran out of brooms this weekend in New York.

I heard the same thing about Dallas before Game 3 of the Rays / Rangers series.

Oops!

(I wonder if they take returns...)
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:28 am

Guys...I must say I'm a little disappointed by the lack of ideas/responses here...this is a multi million dollar once in a lifetime opportunity! It wouldn't be that difficult to think up an idea...create a prototype...test market it...and run! Start giving some away to create interest and then start selling them cheap.

So how about:

-the homer blanky...it was just too obvious...

-the homer hammer...kind of like the tomahawk chop...but not!

-the homer hummer...not what you guys might think...like a kazoo like plastic toy to make lots of annoying noise...like at the world cup

Or maybe losing the whole homer thing needs to be done?

well...what do y'all think?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:11 am

Sorry, all of my suggestions were too lewd Smile
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100MN Twins in need of a replacement for HOMER HANKY! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:20 am

The homer half-rack... just enough to drink, and still throw an empty at the television....
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down