Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my favorite time of the year....

+7
JohnnyHarmonica
pariah1107
sabrjay
rholmes
crazylocomerk
Square_Frame_Ramly
cccc
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Empty Re: my favorite time of the year....

Post by ullmandds Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:05 pm

I'm starting to realise what it feels like to be a Twins fan! bananarama
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Empty Re: my favorite time of the year....

Post by jbonie Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:19 pm

Haha! After all the razzing we gave these guys, looks like it's gonna be all for nought. But that's the way the cookie crumbles!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:58 am

The yanks definately still have a long ways to go , but at least they got a win.

As for the Phillies, why are you starting any pitcher than the big 3? You pay these guys all that money and if they don't win the World Series the year is wasted. Tom Verducci said it best tonight when it was mentioned that at least the Phillies will be under normal rest for the last 3 games, he said that means the Phillies have to beat the Giants Big 3 in three straight games.

As for using all your pitchers before the 9th inning in this modern game. It is just assassin to me, over managing.

Pete and I at the last Twins home game 70 degrees on October 7th, unbelievable:

my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Img_1610

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:53 pm

NL: I love a great outfield assist, to me there better than any diving defensive stop, and that Burrell(?) to Posey last night was picture perfect. The Phillies pitchers may have the entire off-season to be well rested. Oswalt in the ninth? H2Oh-no.
AL: Texas, please don't blow it. It would be nice to win game 6 and save Lee for game 1 of the Series. Lee's a horse, he'd pitch game 1-3-5-7 if they let him. No rest needed until the season ends.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:07 pm

I want a Giants v Rangers WS. One team has never been there and the other has never won since they left New York. Dynasties suck and make a sport boring.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:40 pm

I'd like to see a Giants Texas WS...for the same reasons...BUT...somehow if the Twins were competitive every year I don't think the Behren's boys would complain! nahnahnah
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:42 pm

They are competitive every year. They just can't get that damn Yankee monkey off their back.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:45 am

hoo hoo ha ha!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:54 am

yanks gone phils gone, good riddance...unlike other sports trying to buy and insure world series and championships in baseball don't work. your impact players and superstars can only do so much, they face alot more limitations and randomness.

texas/sf on paper rangers should be mashing the hated giants, but that's what we said about phillies/giants. sf seems to have a little fairy dust on them this season, maybe they can ride it the whole way. I HOPE NOT...rangers win in 6 on the road, celebrating while dodging batteries chucked by sf fans.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:59 pm

I got half my wish. And as long as the Yankees aren't there, it's still pretty good. I like it when teams make it to the championship game that have never been there or haven't won it in a very long time.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:21 pm

Great October so far. Wow, Lincecum v. Lee, another great matchup this postseason. Seven innings of shutout relief to close out the NLCS over the Phillies, pretty impressive.
Prediction: Ranger rookie Neftali Feliz will blow at least one save this series, Giants in 5.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:18 am

So much for that low scoring opening game. Lee looked like a mere mortal out there. GO GIANTS!!!!
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:41 pm

bumgarner surprised me with a great game, texas has been beating up on lefties. seems like sf does have a lil magic with them right now (or shoe polish)....bleh
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100my favorite time of the year.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:54 am

MEH all the stars aligned for the giants...all the breaks and bloop hits went their ways, can't stop destiny. luckily i was out at dinner and missed it and have avoided turning on the tv.

rangers disappointed me after looking so good against the rays and yankees.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:28 pm

If the Twins couldn't win it all, then Giants winning it all is the next best thing. Makes wish I hadn't sold my 1989 World Series jersey that was worn by Dusty Baker.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2