Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Vintage Store Model Bat Collectors?

2 posters

Go down

Any Vintage Store Model Bat Collectors? Empty Any Vintage Store Model Bat Collectors?

Post by browncow75 Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:33 pm

Hey Guys,
My Aunt came by this morning and gave me 2 (Im assuming) store model bats she got at a garage sale. They are both H&B "Powerized" bats, and one is a Pee Wee Reese and the other is a Nelson Fox. The Reese has an "A" engraved (from the factory?) on the head end, and the Fox has one on the handle. The Fox is really nice, and the Reese only has the black paint flaked off of the H&B logo area. Any idea of value, or where I can find info on store model bats? Thanks all!

PS - She said they are an early B-Day present, so she wouldnt tell me what she paid lol.

Brandon
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Any Vintage Store Model Bat Collectors? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Any Vintage Store Model Bat Collectors? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Any Vintage Store Model Bat Collectors? Empty Re: Any Vintage Store Model Bat Collectors?

Post by sabrjay Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:39 pm

Game used bats will have a turn number on the knob of the handle. It will be something like k55, m7, etc. Store model bats generally don't have these.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Any Vintage Store Model Bat Collectors? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Any Vintage Store Model Bat Collectors? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Any Vintage Store Model Bat Collectors? Empty Re: Any Vintage Store Model Bat Collectors?

Post by browncow75 Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:58 pm

Ya, my Fox & Reese only have a capital "A" and thats it. They have the #125 above Hillerich & Bradsby. Are they worth anything?
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Any Vintage Store Model Bat Collectors? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Any Vintage Store Model Bat Collectors? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:54 pm

definitely store model bats but still worth a few dollars.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Any Vintage Store Model Bat Collectors? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Any Vintage Store Model Bat Collectors? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by browncow75 Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:16 pm

I actually saw the exact same type Reese with an asking price of $200 on antiqueathlete.com, and the Fox on Ebay for $50-100. Doesnt mean they are going to get that much, Im just sayin'.
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:45 am

$50-100 sounds about right for store model bats of lower tier HOFers. Mantle, Mays, Williams, etc can for quite a bit more.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down