Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you guys make of these things?

4 posters

Go down

What do you guys make of these things? Empty What do you guys make of these things?

Post by ullmandds Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:12 am

I just noticed these "hand made reprints" all over ebay. This guy seems to be making his own fantasy cards and I must say some of them are way cool...but...a few hundred bucks for a fantasy card??

LINK

Last edited by fisherboy7 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add the link)
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
What do you guys make of these things? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What do you guys make of these things? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What do you guys make of these things? Empty Re: What do you guys make of these things?

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:20 am

I also think they look great - I'm sure many of us have wondered what a '33 Goudey Josh Gibson might have looked like. Also pretty impressive how closely they resemble authentic goudeys, as far as card stock and aging/wear goes. The guy did a great job with them. Still, hard to believe someone would shell out a couple hundred bucks for one. To each his own I guess....
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
What do you guys make of these things? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100What do you guys make of these things? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

What do you guys make of these things? Empty Re: What do you guys make of these things?

Post by hrbaker Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:33 am

I won the Lajoie and Vance tonight on a lark. After I get them in hand I'll let you know what I think. Neither were close to 200 skins though.
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What do you guys make of these things? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What do you guys make of these things? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by the-illini Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:13 am

I sure wouldn't pay that much, but I think they look great. It would be nice to have a dozen or so to frame for a nice office display.

If more are made and they become more affordable, I'd pick some up as a display item...
the-illini
the-illini
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What do you guys make of these things? Left_bar_bleue11 / 10011 / 100What do you guys make of these things? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/crb972

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down