Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SGC Crossover Question

3 posters

Go down

SGC Crossover Question Empty SGC Crossover Question

Post by browncow75 Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:49 am

Hey Guys,
When you cross over from PSA to SGC, how do they handle PSA's with qualifiers? I have some high grade PSA's I want in SGC holders, but they all have (MK) qualifiers. I was wondering if they have a standard deduction (half point, full point) for these? Thanks!

Brandon
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
SGC Crossover Question Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100SGC Crossover Question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

SGC Crossover Question Empty Re: SGC Crossover Question

Post by cccc Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:54 am

sgc deducts about 1.5 grades down...psa3mk becomes sgc20, but psa2mk can also become sgc20. i would not cross psa4mk and up.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
SGC Crossover Question Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100SGC Crossover Question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by browncow75 Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:05 am

Hey Quan! Ya, one of the cards I am thinking of is a PSA 8mk. I paid what I would expect to pay for a 6-7 so there isnt really a financial reason not to I would think. If I dont plan to resell it anytime soon, would you still think its a bad idea?
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
SGC Crossover Question Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100SGC Crossover Question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:23 am

if you won't be disappointed it might come back an sgc60 then it's not a bad idea. however sgc customer service is very open and you can pm brian or give them a call and they'll tell you what to expect from a psa8mk (if it's accurately graded as an 8 and just have writing).
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
SGC Crossover Question Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100SGC Crossover Question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by browncow75 Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:32 am

Thanks Quan. I was thinking about doing that. If I were to send them a scan would they be able to ballpark a grade, or do they not do that?
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:25 am

An MK could come back as low as a 20, so beware!
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
SGC Crossover Question Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100SGC Crossover Question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by browncow75 Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:34 am

Is there a difference in how they view it between an ink stamp and just ink or pencil writing? Just curious!
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down