Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first game at the new Shea stadium!

+2
bowlingshoeguy
ullmandds
6 posters

Go down

My first game at the new Shea stadium! Empty My first game at the new Shea stadium!

Post by ullmandds Sat May 22, 2010 5:23 pm

I'm visiting my family in NJ/NYC this weekend and My dad and I went to see the Yankees play the Mets at their new digs in Flushing Meadows last night.

It was a pitching duel with the Yankees eventually capitalizing on a key Mets error to take a 2-0 lead...before big Mo almost blew the lead in the bottom of the ninth.

While it was definitely a fun experience...the new Shea(whatever the hell it's called) has nothing on the new Twins home...Target field!!!

Looking forward to seeing the yanks come to town this week to play the twins...thanks again, Lee...I'll be thinking of you in the front row in my yankees uniform!!! Very Happy

Oh and by the way, the Mets must have Topps as a sponsor as they had lots of things going on to get kids into collecting the latest from Topps...definitely a good thing!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
My first game at the new Shea stadium! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100My first game at the new Shea stadium! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

My first game at the new Shea stadium! Empty Re: My first game at the new Shea stadium!

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat May 22, 2010 10:24 pm

Pete,

I want photo evidence of you at the game, so I know that you aren't just using me to scalp the tickets, those tickets would command a huge premium. My first game at the new Shea stadium! Icon_pirat

I think the Twins have turned the corner on the Yankees and show them a thing our 2.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
My first game at the new Shea stadium! Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100My first game at the new Shea stadium! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

My first game at the new Shea stadium! Empty Re: My first game at the new Shea stadium!

Post by ullmandds Sun May 23, 2010 1:50 pm

Lee...I'll give you more than that. If the Yankees are losing during the 7th inning stretch...I'll light my yankees jersey on fire...run onto the field and will bolt across the outfield waving my burning yankees jersey in the air...look for it...if the yankees are losing!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
My first game at the new Shea stadium! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100My first game at the new Shea stadium! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed May 26, 2010 3:14 am

woo f'in hoo...2 games for the price of 1...it's gonna be epic!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed May 26, 2010 3:20 am

Nevermind the burning shirt, streaking will suffice. I'm sure the board will all pitch in a bit of dough to bail you out of jail, so no worries there Wink
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
My first game at the new Shea stadium! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100My first game at the new Shea stadium! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed May 26, 2010 3:39 am

"Don't tase me bro...."
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
My first game at the new Shea stadium! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100My first game at the new Shea stadium! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed May 26, 2010 4:15 am

I don't know guys...I'd never be able to make it to work by 6:30...and those mini donuts they serve for breakfast...so not on my diet!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Wed May 26, 2010 5:51 am

cccc wrote:"Don't tase me bro...."

That was quite a display of excessive force My first game at the new Shea stadium! 64370 !!!

Unreal that they would use a potentially lethal* device to stop a prankster from running around an outfield.

(*These things kill more than a lot of people realize...we've had our share of fatal mistakes by law enforcement in my area...)
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
My first game at the new Shea stadium! Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100My first game at the new Shea stadium! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu May 27, 2010 2:06 pm

Luckily...I did not have to run onto the field last night...as the Yankees took 2 from the Twins. What a beautiful day for baseball...it was!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri May 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Wasn't Todd Schultz suppose to be at Tuesday's game? That would have sucked to travel and see 5 innings of shutout and no final.

I am going to Saturday's game with my handicap uncle we will be field level across from 1st base. Kind of cool since our other field level seats are on the 3rd base side.

This will be my 5th game and Pavano will be pitching for the 4th time, what are the chances? At least it is outdoor baseball!!!!!

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
My first game at the new Shea stadium! Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100My first game at the new Shea stadium! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

My first game at the new Shea stadium! Empty wow

Post by nolemmings Sun May 30, 2010 3:49 am

Yes Lee, I was there Tuesday for five innings. Fortunately, I went Wednesday and Thursday too, so I saw all of it. Great ballpark!! Great baseball!! $7.00 12 ounce beers less great, so I found a Happy Hour at O'Donovan's to save some cash. Just got back about two hours ago. That trip was draining in more ways than one, but worth it.

BTW, I had a fifth row seat in section 125 for some of the action--is that close to yours?
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun May 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Six of are season tickets are sec 126 row 1 seats 11-16. Pete was at the Wednesday game too bad you didn't get together.

I had a great time with my uncle we were right next to the ball boy. It is so much fun being right on the field. I guy about 10 feet from me took a Morneau liner right in the bare hand, his first response was "That was a bad decision" he took it like a man though.

All great fun, wish I would have had a chance to get together..

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down