Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Offers ... mandatory?

3 posters

Go down

Best Offers ... mandatory? Empty Best Offers ... mandatory?

Post by BigGuy219 Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:32 am

I'm sitting here staring at a bunch of nice singles on my eBay watch list that are about $100-$50 off what I'd like to pay for them. I'm not sure I understand the logic in paying the premium to list a card at such a high price, and then not at least have the option for people to make an offer. Is there really much harm in a couple of extra eBay messages? Especially when you have the option of setting it to auto-decline the 'insulting' offers. I could always send them a PM offering them a lower price, but I always feel a little uncomfortable doing it, and when I do try it ... usually just get a snippy comment back at me. Of course the cards I watch never sell, automatically being relisted month after month.
Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm just cheap. Anyone out there feel the same way ... or just feel I'm doing some AM whining?
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Best Offers ... mandatory? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Best Offers ... mandatory? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Best Offers ... mandatory? Empty Re: Best Offers ... mandatory?

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:19 am

I agree, there is a few m116 cards listed for outrageous BIN with no best offers. Oh well, they will just sit there for 7 days and be listed next month. It's so cheap to list stuff now, they get you on the sale.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Best Offers ... mandatory? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Best Offers ... mandatory? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:14 pm

I have a few cards on my want/watch list that have been listed a couple times at pretty high BIN prices and the sellers won't ever put a best offer option in there.

When I list on ebay, I always add the best offer option.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Best Offers ... mandatory? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Best Offers ... mandatory? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down