Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cards I think should be considered for HOF

2 posters

Go down

Cards I think should be considered for HOF Empty Cards I think should be considered for HOF

Post by TcardCollector Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:07 am

I know the T206 Plank was mentioned, and then disregarded. But fact is the T206 Plank has become iconic, and has even increased the value of other Plank cards (in my opinion). Plank is a household name to card collectors in part because of the T206. I mean c'mon its one helluva card.
Now a few other humble suggestions:

1. 1948/49 Leaf Satchel Paige, or even his '49 Bowman but one of these must be included.

Cracker Jack Joe Jackson, 1914 Mathewson pitching
1941 Playball Joe Dimaggio
1933 Goudey Ruth batting, yellow background
1869 Peck & Snyder (seems to be gaining fame in the press as the first baseball card)
1887 N690 John Ward (maybe not iconic yet, but man it should be)
1934 Goudey Lou Gehrig portrait yellow background
1950/51 Toleteros Josh Gibson
edited to add 1932 U.S. Caramel Lindstrom
TcardCollector
TcardCollector
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Cards I think should be considered for HOF Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cards I think should be considered for HOF Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Cards I think should be considered for HOF Empty Re: Cards I think should be considered for HOF

Post by sabrjay Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:30 pm

Some of the cards you listed are already in. The t206 Plank was defaulted in along with the 1952 Topps Mantle and 1989 Upper Deck Griffey. The Peck & Snyder Red Stockings card and the 1934 Gehrig are already in. Click on this link to see all the cards that are already in Baseball card HOF

The next round of nomination will start again in a few months.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Cards I think should be considered for HOF Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Cards I think should be considered for HOF Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Cards I think should be considered for HOF Empty Re: Cards I think should be considered for HOF

Post by TcardCollector Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:15 am

oh I missed that thread, well it's good to see the Gehrig and Peck & Snider got incorporated. I really think a negro league star should have been included, hopefully next time. Perhaps an old judge like the 10,000 Kelly too?

Cards I think should be considered for HOF 87kelly
TcardCollector
TcardCollector
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Cards I think should be considered for HOF Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cards I think should be considered for HOF Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down