Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lost all respect for SGC!!!

+5
onlychild
3-2-count
sabrjay
bowlingshoeguy
t206head
9 posters

Go down

lost all respect for SGC!!! Empty lost all respect for SGC!!!

Post by t206head Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:42 pm

This is an outrage thats all I can say. !!!lost all respect for SGC!!! Joke_10lost all respect for SGC!!! Joke2210

Last edited by t206head on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
lost all respect for SGC!!! Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100lost all respect for SGC!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

lost all respect for SGC!!! Empty Re: lost all respect for SGC!!!

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Possible tiny pinhole? It looks like a crease/paper wrinkle on the left side of card across from the bat knob with a minor amount of paper loss on back where the wrinkle lines up.

Sure looks alot better than 30, at worse a 50.

This T202 I have has one that it took me along time before I found it. SGC 40

lost all respect for SGC!!! Nearly11

That card is a prime example why it would be nice if they added a description as to why the card was graded as such.
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
lost all respect for SGC!!! Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100lost all respect for SGC!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by t206head Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:02 pm

I just crossed over 20+ psa's and they dumped on all of them. I sent two psa trimmed came back 5.5 ??? its mind bending lost all respect for SGC!!! Joke0010
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
lost all respect for SGC!!! Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100lost all respect for SGC!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:17 pm

We are talking about PSA who is best known for the Cheeto eating chimps they use for graders. I wouldn't get upset over one bad grade. If you are near a show where they set up to grade, bring them the card and ask why it got the grade it has. They are more than willing to look over the card and tell you why it's graded the way it is. As Lee mentioned, it does appear to have a wrinkle or two.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
lost all respect for SGC!!! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100lost all respect for SGC!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:54 pm

Regardless of the # that's printed on the flip, the card is gorgeous. Own & enjoy the card not the slip of paper inside.
I've collected by this rule of thumb for some time now. Just my two cents.
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
lost all respect for SGC!!! Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100lost all respect for SGC!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:13 pm

I would be more than happy to give it unbiased thorough inspection...free of course. I do it all the time for collectors and have worked with a grader or two as well. Just let me know if I can help!

You may need a better loupe! lost all respect for SGC!!! Icon_wink

Kevin Saucier

Last edited by onlychild on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
lost all respect for SGC!!! Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100lost all respect for SGC!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Just from the look of the Murphy, I would say it is not trimmed. I would need to hold it to be sure and still somrtimes it is very hard to tell.

I have several cards from SGC that I feel are undergraded. Usually when I have inquired about a card there was something I missed that caused the grade. They are very friendly and easy to deal with. You should call them and ask questions.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
lost all respect for SGC!!! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100lost all respect for SGC!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiggum Fan Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:31 am

Maybe they were generously grading his hitting skills:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/rockeik01.shtml

Wiggum Fan
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
lost all respect for SGC!!! Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100lost all respect for SGC!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by smtjoy Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:24 pm

PSA labels way too many cards trimmed or N08 miscut, its common knowledge on the CU boards where most just resend them in and most get graded. I sub to both PSA and SGC and I have had packs I open that I purchased when they came out and PSA still labeled some of the cards as trimmed, lol no chance.

Your card looks awesome enjoy it for what it is.
smtjoy
smtjoy
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
lost all respect for SGC!!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100lost all respect for SGC!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by grays Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:58 am

It is very true that PSA rejects far too many cards as trimmed that have not been trimmed. They seem to freely hand out that rejection and I am not sure why they are so liberal with it. Think it reflects their lack of experience in the grading room coupled with the fact that they know the card will be submitted again and again until it does grade.

In regards to SGC, if I need an SGC card in a PSA holder I almost always send it in for cross over consideration first but have had such a miserable success rate and normally end up having to break the cards out and send them in raw. Unfortunately in many cases the cards are not regrading--not even by SGC upon resubmission. Live by the sword die by the sword.

Greg

grays
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down