Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baseball Videos (DVD)

4 posters

Go down

Baseball Videos (DVD) Empty Baseball Videos (DVD)

Post by Bosox Blair Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:08 am

Dusted off the old Ken Burns "Baseball" set the other day and watched the first few. Really enjoyed seeing these again.

I learned the other day that there is another set of World Series videos out - 20 discs.

Besides those, can anyone recommend any baseball DVDs, especially with pre-war content. (Not movies about baseball with actors - I already have most of those covered I think).
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Baseball Videos (DVD) Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Baseball Videos (DVD) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Baseball Videos (DVD) Empty Re: Baseball Videos (DVD)

Post by sabrjay Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:00 pm

I've been trying to find DVDs of the 1987 and 1991 WS but it seems MLB doesn't deem them marketable and made them except for a single disk issued for one of the seasons. Very sad since the 1991 series is probably the greatest World Series ever.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Baseball Videos (DVD) Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Baseball Videos (DVD) Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:54 am

One of these days I will watch that Ken Burns series. Loved his Jazz epic. Crazy that I haven't seen the baseball one.

Tangentially related: I also wanna get the Glory of Their Times CDs. The book is one of my favorite sports-related books and I've heard nothing but good things about the audio version.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Baseball Videos (DVD) Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Baseball Videos (DVD) Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:01 am

I love the Ken Burns series, watch it about once a year. I also own "When it Was a Game" parts 1 2 and 3. Bought through the Baseball HOF site. Well worth owning. I also heard about the WS set but have not heard from anyone that watched.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Baseball Videos (DVD) Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Baseball Videos (DVD) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:00 pm

bowlingshoeguy wrote:I love the Ken Burns series, watch it about once a year. I also own "When it Was a Game" parts 1 2 and 3. Bought through the Baseball HOF site. Well worth owning. I also heard about the WS set but have not heard from anyone that watched.

Lee

Oh yes - When it Was a Game...forgot those!
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Baseball Videos (DVD) Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Baseball Videos (DVD) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:14 pm

I love that some of the footage in WIWAG has players still leaving their gloves on the field at the end of the inning.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Baseball Videos (DVD) Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Baseball Videos (DVD) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down