Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

advice on ebay win

+3
TheRiddler
bowlingshoeguy
t206head
7 posters

Go down

advice on ebay win Empty advice on ebay win

Post by t206head Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:28 pm

now I buy hundreds of cards on Ebay, mostly with out a worry So over the weekend I won 6 low grade 33 goudey for about 99 cents each not a big deal. the seller (mr. cardtrader) with a 44 count on his feedback wants $5.00 a card to ship so I have an invoice of $46.00 I asked If he would combine shipping and he said no way what now? pay and go negative , not pay , or suck it up thanks BOB
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
advice on ebay win Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100advice on ebay win Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

advice on ebay win Empty Re: advice on ebay win

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi,

One of my 2 negatives came from a situation like this. I bought 5 cards for $60 and he wanted $12 shipping, he would not budge on the shipping so I left a negative and got one in return.

I know some people will say to read the details for the sale, but this I believe is against ebay's policies and the seller has no way to retaliate with the situation and it is a big problem to have the negative (or 6 in this case). I would point this out to him and ask for a reasonable shipping rate (to me the $5 for 6 Goudey's is plenty or even add .50 per card, which is still outrageous).

My nickel,

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
advice on ebay win Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100advice on ebay win Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:43 pm

Send him the 6 x $0.99 which you owe him.
Tell him not to ship the cards, and you will spread the word on his business practises among the several thousand participants of the boards which you belong to.
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
advice on ebay win Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100advice on ebay win Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:53 pm

Man, that's just unreasonable. Did the seller explicitly state the shipping charges? Did that include mentioning that they wouldn't combine on shipping? If so, you gotta suck it up. But if not, I say neg him and keep your $.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
advice on ebay win Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100advice on ebay win Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by t206head Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:48 pm

riddle man, I like i, don't need his junk cards anyway im not rich but $11.00 is not going to kill me thanks BOB
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
advice on ebay win Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100advice on ebay win Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:54 pm

Good luck, I think that it is exactly what the situation calls for.
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
advice on ebay win Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100advice on ebay win Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by smtjoy Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:46 pm

I would ask him one more time for a discount and if not tell him you plan to neg him for the outragous postage ($30) to ship something that cost $3. If he refuses I would just pay it, get the cards, then leave him 5 negs on all the cards with the extra postage. That helps prevent this from happening to other people who will see the feedback.
smtjoy
smtjoy
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
advice on ebay win Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100advice on ebay win Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:23 pm

People aren't supposed to make up their fees through the postage charge. Maybe you could try to get him kicked off eBay. I'd ask him to mail each card seperately priority mail, or threaten him with fraud charges, since he's trying to charge $30 for shipping that he can't justify...

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
advice on ebay win Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100advice on ebay win Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by t206head Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:39 am

So i asked this guy one more time if he would work on this bulls%$t shipping charge and this is what I got back.

"NO I want the payment or the cards back you should have checked to see if there is combined shipping like everyone else that buys frome me what you are doing is called theft.you are about to be reported to ebay and by the way the cursing is a big no no on ebay."

real smart for a guy that has 54 feedbacks I told him to keep his chewed up goudeys will see what happens. later BOB
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:55 am

Make sure you drop him his negatives on all the cards, the guy is obviously a jerk.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
advice on ebay win Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100advice on ebay win Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:30 pm

What's his grounds for reporting you for theft?

Make sure you drop negs all items and won and give him 1 star on everything. He won't be able to sell if his star rating drops below a certain level.

What is the seller's eBay handle so we can list him as a bad person to deal with

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
advice on ebay win Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100advice on ebay win Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by t206head Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:11 pm

his tune changed real quick he is keeping his junk and I shall spare him the negs later BOB

"Sorry the company that ships did not send them they made a mistake I am really sorry. If you dont want them thats ok I will relist them.I told you I have hundreds of goudeys and I dont handle the shipping they dont combine shipping I do think this is wrong and dont plan on using them again.Sorry for the inconvience.M.C.T.
I will leave you + feedback"
- mr.cardtrader
"I SEE YOU HAVE 100 POS FEED BACK SO DO I. DO YOU REALLY WANT NEG FEED BACK I DONT BUT IF YOU LEAVE ME NEG FEEDBACK I WILL BE FORCED TO DO THE SAME I TOLD YOU I WOULD LEAVE POS FOR YOU.IF I THOUGHT USING THIS SHIPPING/COURIER COMPANY WAS GOING TO CAUSE PROBLEMS I WOLD NOT HAVE USED THEM ALL I WANT IS TO MOVE ON AND KEEP MY FEEDBACK POS AND I AM SURE THAT YOU WANT TO KEEP 100%POS FEEDBACK AS WELL THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT I WILL LEAVE WHATEVER FEEDBACK YOU LEAVE FOR ME.HAVE A GOOD ONE " M.C.T
mr.cardtrader
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:39 pm

in my book that guy needs at least a neutral for one and leave the rest hanging. His excuse is terrible. Why would you sub out shipping for items that go for .99 cents?

He is trying to save his ass, the positive/negative system is there to help all ebay buyers and by not doing anything is not helping. Neutral at least informs the wary if they are willing to check out the feedback. By not leaving at least a neutral you are giving him grounds to continue his practices.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:01 pm

Lee's point is valid - if you could help prevent this from happening to other bidders, that would be a good thing. But if it were me, I'd let bygones be bygones. Save your perfect feedback and let it slide.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
advice on ebay win Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100advice on ebay win Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:52 pm

I thought buyers can't get negative feedback anymore? Or have I misread eBay rules change they implemented a while back?

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
advice on ebay win Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100advice on ebay win Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:17 pm

Unless ebay changed something buyers can only received positives.

To me if you don't even leave a negative, why have a system or even bothering looking at it.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by smtjoy Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:25 pm

While I agree he deserves a negative, I think the system does work as the threat of a negative will make many sellers accept returns when they dont want to or in the case cancel unreal shipping cost.
smtjoy
smtjoy
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:10 pm

I'm with my brother on this one. The feedback system is there for a reason. People act like their life will come to an end if they get a negative. I've been on eBay since 1996. People have always feared retaliatory negs, but the truth is, they rarely happened. I've left over 50 negs over the years and gotten only 2 in retaliation.

To leave a neutral in this situation would be very generous. If you feel like you had a bad experience, then people should know about it. Otherwise, the system has failed. When I look at a seller's feedback, I look at the good ones. I could care less about that. I expect people to be good. I want to know why someone had a bad experience. Most of the time bad feedback is the result of someone trying to scam the seller and not getting away with it, but there are the occasional bad sellers like bsrz-2 that repeatedly get the same complaint form customers and should be a huge red flag to anyone.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down