Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson

+4
sabrjay
Bicem
bowlingshoeguy
docpatlv
8 posters

Go down

Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Empty Re: Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:44 pm

Man if I was selling that I would trim it up better, it could look a little nicer. Maybe there is a whole set out there. Shocked

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Empty Re: Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson

Post by Bicem Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:02 pm

reminds me of Richard's fake '14 CJ Matty. Laughing
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:53 pm

So much for hoping this would fly under the radar

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by docpatlv Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:05 pm

If you're being serious, then I'm sorry Jay. I figured anyone who did a search on T206, Cobb, pre-1930 card search would have seen it. It's not exactly like it was listed with some obscure title in an incorrect category.

I thought you might get a kick out of it...guess I was wrong.

Mike
docpatlv
docpatlv
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:38 pm

The auction had already been outed elsewhere anyway.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:44 pm

no worries. I saw the card was listed properly, so no big deal. I'm still debating whether I want to go for it or not. money is tight and I'd rather add another low grade Delong to my collection that spend a bunch of money on this card.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:47 am

i'd be surprised if card goes over $40? i mean rman's cj matty is much scarcer than this card and the price was reasonable.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rman444 Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:11 pm

I think everyone looks for t206 cobbs so not only would this card not have flown under the radar, it will also get decent bidding - probably much more than it should. I think that not too many people look for CJ mattys, and there were serious doubts about its authenticity which is why it went for a decent price. Now that it has been authenticated, I have been offered many multiples of what I paid. Who woulda known.

On a separate topic, Q - what the hell is that in your avatar? Your and Manny's child?
rman444
rman444
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:16 pm

Looks legit to me. Quan's $40 estimate sounds about right. Get 'er done Jay!
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:43 am

Amazing, the card went for $45. I wouldn't pay more than $25 given the damage and how common it is. It's not like it has the rarity of the 1914 CJ Matty
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:14 pm

rman...congrats on the matty score and the genius of having beckett encapsulate it!

avatar was born out of having too much time at 3 am...
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Jay Behrens - Found the perfect match for your T206 Johnson Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down