Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great pickups from this board!

5 posters

Go down

Great pickups from this board! Empty Great pickups from this board!

Post by scott elkins Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:51 am

I have to give several members credit, I have picked up some needed cards from this board in the past month or so. Some weren't even from the B/S/T thread - members simply saw my posts and e-mailed me privately with cards they had I needed. Also, I have been fortunate enough to help some board members with cards they wanted that I have had as well. BTW - all transactions have been first class and very fast. I simply wanted to thank our great board members for the sales, trades and hope the people I have sold to enjoy their purchases as well. beer

Again, this board is fairly new, but it would be great to hear other members' stories of successful transactions made with board members (either B/S/T or members seeing posts and contacting other members about cards they were looking for).

We have some terrific members here, who are very knowledgeable as well, and I wouldn't trade that for 200,000 hits a day! cheers

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Great pickups from this board! Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Great pickups from this board! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Great pickups from this board! Empty Re: Great pickups from this board!

Post by yawie99 Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:02 am

Thanks, Scott, for the lovely personal check last week. Wink

I'd also like to thank Jim R. for a smooth deal a few weeks ago. A blockbuster (for me at least) one-for-one swap of back type superstars that was probably at least a year in the making. Even better was that it was a Baltimore for St. Louis trade. Right up our respective alleys.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Great pickups from this board! Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Great pickups from this board! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:10 am

Don't mention it Steve - I usually pay with Paypal for quickness, but don't mind sending MO's or my pretty Harley Davidson checks out to save sellers on PayPal fees. Thanks for the card Steve - it is safely tucked away with my other Hindu SL'ers.

BTW - Jim Rivera is a great person to deal with as well. Jim and I had a pleasant transaction recently as well and a great phone conversation (that was the first time I spoke with Jim on the phone and I must say it is a real pleasure speaking to him, as his collecting interests and mine are very similar). Jim certainly loves his Baltimore T206 types - I told him he is the reason T206 Baltimore players are so hard to find with rare backs - b/c he has them all! Razz

BTW Steve - when you have time, you can send me a list of St. Louis T206's you need with rare backs - I do have a few of those I would probably trade you.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Great pickups from this board! Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Great pickups from this board! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:20 am

I don't know why but I always enjoy looking at other collectors' checks. Some have interesting check designs, but it's mainly the handwriting. Must be the teacher in me. Of course my own penmanship is putrid so I can't really get on my students for theirs all that much.

I'll shoot you an e-mail or a PM a little later and maybe we can cook something up.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Great pickups from this board! Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Great pickups from this board! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:57 am

I picked up a key HOFer who is arugably the primier leadoff hitter in the history of the game and among the most accomplished managers in baseball from a important deadball era set (Cracker Jack) at a favorable price from a Full Count seller whose hobby acumen is unchallenged by his peers.
The deal was closed within an hour of the card becoming available and we had our respective monies and card in our hands within a week.
The only corner in question was found to be fully vg/ex as presented.

Oh, forget that leadoff hitter stuff. I was thinking of that other good mgr.: McGraw. But this is Mack who did it all, twice.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Great pickups from this board! Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Great pickups from this board! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:43 am

Steve, if you are referring to my handwriting - I know, I know, if one looks at my handwriting, they probably think I am a doctor writing a prescription. Razz

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:08 am

Geez, how could I forget my big trade with Ben F. about a year and a half or so ago: a bunch of my E92's, including the iconic Magee, i think, for his O'Hara (St. Louis). Love that card!
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:26 pm

I've got to give a couple shout outs myself.

Thank you Scott for my Tango Eggs Weaver. I picked it up from the post office yesterday and LOVE IT! Will post pics soon.

I also sold a T206 SGC 30 Magee Portrait to Scott. Another flawless transaction.

Scott and I also had a trade towards the end of last year. I traded my Devore Red Hindu PSA 1 to him for a T215 Oldring Red Cross SGC 20 and a T211 Nolly Red Sun graded an SGC 10. Two cards that I still own and am real happy with.

And thanks to Mark for purchasing the 2 E103's I had for sale. I appreciate the quick payment and was able to use those funds to put towards the purchase of 2 new T216 Kottons.

I also have a few deals that I'm in the process of considering and saving for. So we'll see there.

This board has been fantastic. I've had some tall orders and board members have come through shining. Thanks guys. It's been a great month.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Great pickups from this board! Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Great pickups from this board! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:11 pm

I am very happy with the trades with the Full Count members. It was real nice talking out our trade on the phone Scott. I feel that cut down the time it would have taken by email. Plus I feel you get to know a collector much better talking by phone or in person than you would by keyboard.
The Baltimore-St. Louis trade Steve and I had was really kool-That trade was on the table for some time but worked good with both of us getting a card of our favorite teams.
I trade very little but am still open to trades with you guys. I am sure the future will bring good things.
Also thank you for the kind words.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Great pickups from this board! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Great pickups from this board! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down