Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I reading the quote from the PSA grader correctly in this

3 posters

Go down

Am I reading the quote from the PSA grader correctly in this Empty Am I reading the quote from the PSA grader correctly in this

Post by r337man Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:05 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/iteam/2007/06/photos-prove-wagner-card-was-t.html

"Still, the questions surrounding the card never went away, and in a 2005 interview, PSA grader Bill Hughes, a member of the team that inspected the Gretzky T206 Wagner, admitted he knew the card had been cut from a sheet when he graded the card.

“We were aware of that when the card came to PSA,” he is quoted as saying in “The Card.” “This particular card was obviously cut…The card is so outstanding, it would have been sacreligious to call that card trimmed and completely devalue it.”"

God I love grading.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Am I reading the quote from the PSA grader correctly in this Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Am I reading the quote from the PSA grader correctly in this Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Am I reading the quote from the PSA grader correctly in this Empty Re: Am I reading the quote from the PSA grader correctly in this

Post by asphaltman76 Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Well, what is surprising is that Hughes would actually admit this in a public fashion.

I still think eventually this card will fall flat on its face with everything surrounding it. It may be 20 years from now....but I see it eventually falling off the mountain.

Dave
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Am I reading the quote from the PSA grader correctly in this Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Am I reading the quote from the PSA grader correctly in this Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Am I reading the quote from the PSA grader correctly in this Empty Re: Am I reading the quote from the PSA grader correctly in this

Post by sabrjay Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:05 pm

As much as I would love to see this card knocked off its pedastal, it won't. There is too much money involved. Unless it's bought by someone that wants to truly expose the card for it is, crack it out and submit it to SGC, the card will remain what it is. I don't think there is anyone out there willing to take a $1m hit to expose the card.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Am I reading the quote from the PSA grader correctly in this Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Am I reading the quote from the PSA grader correctly in this Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down