Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best

+3
TheRiddler
TheBig6
ItsOnlyGil
7 posters

Go down

After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Empty After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sat May 16, 2009 1:38 am

ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Empty Re: After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best

Post by TheBig6 Sat May 16, 2009 1:54 am

After TheBig6, is there a clear second best

other than Johnson?
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Empty Re: After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best

Post by TheRiddler Sat May 16, 2009 1:56 am

I knew I'd wake you up, old timer !
Post 'em if you got 'em !
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Sat May 16, 2009 3:40 am

Here you go old buddy, You can throw a derby hat over them.
After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best SgcjohnsonAfter the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Mathewson
After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Mattysilk
After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Johnson
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Sat May 16, 2009 3:54 am

Nice, Im not a fan; but i've got a coupon and a '30 Post. Like the Post best.

Oh wait. The Coupon is a Johnson, like yours ( you fooled me ) Smile
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Sat May 16, 2009 4:01 am

what do you mean?, Your not a fan of arguably the greatest baseball pitcher of all time.
How could that be scratch
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Sat May 16, 2009 4:11 am

I know you, you probally like these guys better
After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Keefe2After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best CorcaranAfter the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Caruthers
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat May 16, 2009 4:04 pm

I would strongly put Greg Maddux into the top 3. The numbers he put up in his era are astounding. I also believe Walter Johnson is the greatest of all time.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Sat May 16, 2009 4:23 pm

TheBig6 wrote:what do you mean?, Your not a fan of arguably the greatest baseball pitcher of all time.
How could that be scratch

I agree that Matty is "arguably" the greatest pitcher of all time. However, I do note that he won over 60% of his games for a team which was typically winning over 60% of their games - with him or without him.

Johnson for comparison, won 60% of his games for a team which was struggling to be a .500 club, with him.

And I certainly would be hard pressed to choose 19th century pitchers to compete in this league of performance.
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Empty Johnson

Post by smtjoy Tue May 19, 2009 8:54 pm

Hi all, first post over here so the greatest pitcher ever sounds like a good start!

After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best 21exjohnson40

After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best 27exjohnson40
smtjoy
smtjoy
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Tue May 19, 2009 8:59 pm

Welcome Scott,
Let's get together again for a beer real soon beer
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Empty Beer

Post by smtjoy Wed May 20, 2009 12:55 am

Hey Jerry,

Yes we need to for sure! I see you added another nice T3 to your collection, grats!
smtjoy
smtjoy
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by CobbSpikedMe Wed May 20, 2009 1:53 am

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the board. I'll let you know when the Purtell arrives!

AndyH
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Empty hello

Post by smtjoy Wed May 20, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi Andy,

Thanks, please do.

Scott
smtjoy
smtjoy
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed May 20, 2009 5:24 pm

I'd probably say Maddux is strong #2 all-time

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100After the Big Train, is there really a clear second best Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down