Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zero feedback eBay issue?

5 posters

Go down

Zero feedback eBay issue? Empty Zero feedback eBay issue?

Post by v117collector Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:29 pm

How do other collectors react when being out bid by a new eBay member with zero feedback???

Would you still trust the auction or would you believe the auction has been compromised? It’s not very comforting having interest in a high valued card knowing there’s a zero feedback member involved. Would you continue with this auction knowing there’s a possibility of corruption??

I’ve already tried to contact the eBay seller on an unrelated issue regarding item, but without no reply(good feedback record)???
v117collector
v117collector
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Zero feedback eBay issue? Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Zero feedback eBay issue? Right_bar_bleue

http://tinyurl.com/58gpxz

Back to top Go down

Zero feedback eBay issue? Empty Re: Zero feedback eBay issue?

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:53 pm

That is always a tough issue, I guess it comes down to how badly you want the card. If another one will come along in the future, just let it pass you may end up having regrets owning the card if you win it.

How much time is left in the auction? If there is any more than 2 days I would not be too concerned if the bidding is still reasonable. Sometimes high bids come from new people in the hobby that have not done there research and just bid up not knowing what the market is.

I lucky have not encountered any problems that I know of, but than again when this happen how often do you really know?

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Zero feedback eBay issue? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Zero feedback eBay issue? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Zero feedback eBay issue? Empty "0" Feedback

Post by hrbaker Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:34 pm

I used to be really concerned that I was being shilled when being run up or toppped by a 0 feedback bidder. But we all started with 0. Can you see what type of bid activity the new bidder has. It is heavy up on the same seller or all over the board or does he have any other bids out there?
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Zero feedback eBay issue? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Zero feedback eBay issue? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by v117collector Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:28 am

Well here’s the link to the card in question.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110343421605

A shame' the seller of this auction let it continue knowing full well it was being pumped by 0 feedback buyers… Any good conspiracy theory’s on how this auction went bad? yuck

hmm... there's only one good thing about an eBay auction, at least you know if your being pumped yes
v117collector
v117collector
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Zero feedback eBay issue? Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Zero feedback eBay issue? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:44 am

i was watching the t206 cobb bat off by the same seller...and the 0 feedback guy also put in a max bid of $750 (the winning snipe was $785). i would trust the seller, but he takes on consignments and who knows what his consignors are doing behind his back...
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Zero feedback eBay issue? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Zero feedback eBay issue? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:36 pm

There's no way of knowing if the zero feedback bidder was indeed a shill, or just a new ebayer.

Either way, $465 for a decent looking V117 Cobb wasn't an overly inflated price at all, was it? I'd certainly be happy paying that price if I needed the card.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Zero feedback eBay issue? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Zero feedback eBay issue? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by v117collector Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:36 pm

fisherboy7 wrote:There's no way of knowing if the zero feedback bidder was indeed a shill, or just a new ebayer.

Either way, $465 for a decent looking V117 Cobb wasn't an overly inflated price at all, was it? I'd certainly be happy paying that price if I needed the card.

Fisherboy is absolutely right in his observation, but there’s one thing that can’t be disputed. Zero feedback eBayers deter potential buyers from pursuing higher valued items.
As for final price, a right off in my opinion. Exactly, there's no way of knowing if the zero feedback bidder was indeed a shill, or just a new ebayer.

You’d think eBay sellers would feel obligated to cancel 0 feedback bidders on higher valued items as a show of confidants. yes
v117collector
v117collector
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down