Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position?

5 posters

Go down

Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position? Empty Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position?

Post by ItsOnlyGil Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:54 pm

Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position? N43_ew12
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position? Empty Re: Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position?

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:16 pm

I can't comment on Kaat or Gibson because they were before my time. In order to judge how great a player was defensively, I don't think you can rely on statistics alone - you had to see them play. The best fielding pitcher I've ever seen is Maddux, hands down.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position? Empty Re: Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position?

Post by sabrjay Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:12 pm

Having seen both Kaat and Maddux, Kaat was far superior to Maddux. Kaat used to, or still does hold record for most Gold Glove awards won.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position? Empty I dunno

Post by nolemmings Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:59 pm

having seen them both also, I would say it's real close; in fact, I might give a slight nod to Maddux, but just because I saw alot more of him. Kitty could really pounce off the mound though.
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Abravefan11 Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:55 pm

I never saw Kaat play, but Maddux is the perfect example of how to play defense as a pitcher. I could see someone making the comparison and saying one was as good as the other, but I can't imagine anyone being better than Maddux.

Maddux = 17 Gold Gloves

Kaat = 16 Gold Gloves

Both impressive!
Abravefan11
Abravefan11
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Are Kaat and Gibson the best fielders at their position? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down