Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it -

+5
cccc
TheBig6
bowlingshoeguy
sabrjay
ItsOnlyGil
9 posters

Go down

Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Empty Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it -

Post by ItsOnlyGil Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:07 pm

Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - 03130812

It is a bit of a sissy card, but I needed one (as we all may know).
This guy put together a triple crown year in which he also led in essentially every other offensive catagory. And I wanted a "special" card to depict this special accomplishment.

Do you have a card which you thought that you would never get, but did?

Do you have one that you are still hoping for?
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Empty Re: Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it -

Post by sabrjay Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:45 pm

My Thorpe card was a card that I thought I would never own. It's a good thing I got it when I did, because it has increased in value about 10 fold.

Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Thorpe

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Empty Re: Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it -

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:22 am

Here's mine, sometimes you drop in a bid and low and behold you come out the winner:

Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - T3cobb11

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:08 am

I never thought I would add another N173 Hofer to my collection due to prices and scarcity but The Comisky kinda fell into my lap in a trade offer. I hadn't picked one up in around 15yrs.

I've always wanted a nice SGC 50ish T206 Johnson Portrait but never have been able to add one. The right one never seems to show up when I have enough Money.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:38 am

i fell in love with the t206 johnson pitching. it was my first pre-1980 card and i thought it was the coolest thing ever...a card of walter johnson when he was pitching, and a ROOKIE card. it was like heaven wrapped around a big sugary donut. looking back that's what it must feel like for a drug addict. i want to get that original high back but it's not the same.

jerry i would offer u a sgc40 johnson portrait but the card is not overly nice for the grade or unique...rather meh and uninspiring.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:03 pm

I wanted a T204 Ramly Plank for a long time, and was able to acquire one about 6 months ago. bananarama

Two other attainable cards that have eluded me: A low-mid grade Goudey Ruth #144 or #181 (shouldn't be too hard right?) and a nice E97 Keeler.

And in the "keep dreaming" category: E107 Cy Young, N172 Harry Wright, and a Plow Boy Mordecai Brown cabinet. drool

p.s. Gil - that new avatar is great, can you post the full sized pic? Is it a tobin litho?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:07 am

I almost forgot, I want a nice Horizonal Matty also, but a little pricey for my budget.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by arandy Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:31 pm

I agree Jerry, the horizontal Matty pose is really nice.

-Randy
arandy
arandy
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by t206head Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:20 am

I just won a card I had to have. it was love At first site http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=160290299925
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:27 pm

I always have liked the S81 silks. Years back I didn't think I'd ever spend that much on a "card", but finally splurged and picked one up:

What I'm hoping for some day is a Duke Cabinet (not holding my breath for that though).

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Here's a card I wanted from the first time I saw it - Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down