Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob Schmeier sells Philly show

2 posters

Go down

Bob Schmeier sells Philly show Empty Bob Schmeier sells Philly show

Post by sabrjay Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:40 am

I just learned that after 33 years of running the Willow Grove/Philly show, Bob Schmeier has sold the show. Let's hope the new promoters do as good a job.

I was lucky enough to go to the shows back int he early 80s when they were still being held in Willow Grove. It was the first major show I had ever gone to and the material there was staggering. I remember seeing more pre-war cards there than at any show I ever attended. The first show I went to was the Spring of 1982. I left that show with complete set of t201s, a fist full of 33 Goudeys including Dean and Hornsby, some n162s including a Caruthers, some t205s and t206s and nice dent in the 1955 Topps set I was working on.

Even Nationals haven't compared to those shows for pre-war material.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Bob Schmeier sells Philly show Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Bob Schmeier sells Philly show Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Bob Schmeier sells Philly show Empty Re: Bob Schmeier sells Philly show

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:58 pm

I have a friend that sets up at the show and he told me the cost of his table went from $350 at the last Reading show to $650 at the new location.
I searched the show last weekend for T213s and T216s. No T216s and very few T213-2s.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Bob Schmeier sells Philly show Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Bob Schmeier sells Philly show Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down