Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

productive day at a card show

+2
TheBig6
cccc
6 posters

Go down

productive day at a card show Empty productive day at a card show

Post by cccc Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:23 pm

not for buying a single card. the hollywood park west coast show is running again, used to have decent stuff. even tik showed up 1 time a few years back. this time i went because sgc is setting up for the first time. submitted a few cards (fingers crossed). the CS rep bryan was very friendly and helpful...as is most of the sgc staff, they're very personable.

...and even got to shake hand with the great anthony (griffins) of LTS/N54/AIMOO/CU/etc/etc fame! that's a good (or great?) day.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
productive day at a card show Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100productive day at a card show Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

productive day at a card show Empty Re: productive day at a card show

Post by TheBig6 Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:38 pm

I love the smell of a card show in the morning
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
productive day at a card show Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100productive day at a card show Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

productive day at a card show Empty Quan...

Post by Comisky Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:03 am

Quan

I thought about going to the show but the last two were horrible. Most of the dealers were marking their cards up 20-30% of market value. I don't understand how these dealers are able to make a living when they are competing with the internet. Anyways, how was the card selection at the show? Anything cool? The last Hollywood Park Show I went to I was able to hold a T206 Eddie Plank.

Also, If you are ever in San Diego shoot me an email and we can meet up and talk cards!

Jeff
Comisky
Comisky
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
productive day at a card show Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100productive day at a card show Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:42 am

Hey Quan, last time you had a chance to meet with Anthony, you bailed. Smile

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
productive day at a card show Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100productive day at a card show Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffins Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:42 am

E, I reminded him of that. He couldn't get away this time since I snuck up on him.
Nice cards Quan, but I think you should've put both of them in for grading, the 2nd one would've looked great in that black matte.

Griffins
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
productive day at a card show Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100productive day at a card show Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:12 pm

ha yea anthony did blindsided me when i was at the sgc table. even the sgc rep brian had nice things to say about anthony, it was impressive. the crossover was $100 per at that tier, so i felt it wasn't necessary since the cards are staying in my personal collection. sgc was nice enough to bump the other cards to the 1 day service too, so i did the 1.

jeff i went on friday afternoon and the dealers were lighter than the other times, maybe they haven't set up yet. same prewar vintage people, could've been less. i didn't really look too hard. seriously i was more interested in the '89 fleer update boxes and '89 donruss the rookies. i don't remember if griffey was in the fleer update set so i passed at picking one up for $3
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
productive day at a card show Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100productive day at a card show Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by psacollector Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:40 pm

What cards were you looking to cross? They must have been great cards because price of same day submission at the National was $35.

I know what you mean though.....seeing guys like Anthony and Elliot is always quite a treat.
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
productive day at a card show Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100productive day at a card show Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down