Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strong E98 prices on eBay last night

+7
cccc
pro9
scott elkins
Square_Frame_Ramly
fisherboy7
hanksta
asphaltman76
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong E98 prices on eBay last night

Post by asphaltman76 Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:16 pm

Mark-

Maybe we are all idiots and should be selling off all our e98's instead of trying to pick them up at this point. Its just crazy when these are going for more than the e94's. When I started with the e98's I thought for sure I was going the cheap route question
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong E98 prices on eBay last night

Post by scott elkins Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:10 pm

Dave - this depends on the reason you were putting the set together. If you simply LOVE the set and plan on keeping it, I would suggest you hang onto your cards. If you were putting it together b/c you might want to unload it in the future for a profit, now would seem like the perfect time to sell. Like many in the Hobby, I have turned down nice offers for cards in the past only to sell cheaper when I decided to let them go. Sometimes you have to strike the iron when it is hot. righton

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by asphaltman76 Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:21 pm

Scott-

Well the reasons for putting it together were 1. just like the background varieties in color (also like the e94's, but I THOUGHT this was the cheaper way to go with e98's) 2. there are only the 30 cards in the set 3. they are a bit more readily available and easy to acquire than the e94's or e97's...IMO. (at least most of the cards are).

I don't have unlimited funds for cards...so most all of my card money is tied up in this set. What sucks is I am six cards away....and I would have loved for this price boom to have happened six or eight months from now or whatever when the set might be completed...but such is life. For the time being, I'll suck it up and continue on trying to get the cards I need...just not looking to pay $300 for a SGC 10 common that I could have got for $100 a few weeks ago, or $1600 for an SGC 10 Cobb (like I had to do with the Wagner). But my hope is to complete it, even though once completed it would have to be sold anyway for me to start on anything else....we'll just see if prices allow me to do that. scratch
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:24 pm

Dave - good luck on your pursuit!

I am sure things will cool off eventually. Probably what happened recently was simply with the two huge Mastro lots and others available on eBay, a couple more people decided to go for the set with numbers of the cards available. Hopefully, after they obtain the cards they need, prices will come back down to Earth. righton

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by asphaltman76 Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:31 pm

Here is a link to my current e98 cards. Most all are pretty ugly..so if you come from the Jim Crandell school of collecting don't look...you might throw up. Laughing

All should be there except a SGC 30 Collins I have on the way...and again with the price boom, thanks for the deal Mark! bow

https://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/asphaltman76/E98/
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 Empty No problem Dave...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:54 pm

Since we were in the same group and you needed that Collins it was yours for the same price i paid, Absolutely NO profit, just like to help guys out. I actually lost money on it Dave....the shipping cost me $7 Laughing Razz ....which is fine by me, i have made some nice $ in the last few months!!!

It should get to you very soon, its a very nice SGC 30!!

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:09 pm

Dave, I really like your E98's. I have always stated that a 90+ year old card SHOULD look like it is that old (rounded corners and/or creases). When people should start to worry is when their Vintage Card looks like it was printed yesterday!

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by asphaltman76 Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:17 pm

Well Scott they definately look the part Laughing
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:42 pm

I should have held on my Chase a bit longer... Crying or Very sad $125 seems like a deal now.

Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 E98Chase

sdbh
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 Empty Prices

Post by crazylocomerk Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:48 pm

Crazy prices indeed. I had 4 and sold or traded all of them (Chase, Dooin, McLean, Ford). I picked them up in a lot from Sloate on ebay a couple months back. Made a nice profit on them.

Then I just picked up a McGraw SGC 20. Thank you. That's it for me. On to the next type card!
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2