Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strong E98 prices on eBay last night

+7
cccc
pro9
scott elkins
Square_Frame_Ramly
fisherboy7
hanksta
asphaltman76
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Empty Strong E98 prices on eBay last night

Post by asphaltman76 Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:31 pm

Curious if anyone else was going after any of the e98's on eBay last night. Seemed most went for double, some even triple what they should have. I got shut out on the first six I was going after and then ended up ponying up big for the Wagner. I needed the card and it is kind of nice it is a Lionel Carter card...but sure wish I would have got it cheaper. I don't know who "typecard" is, but he definately seemed to want some e98's big time. Here was my lone "expensive" addition scratch

Strong E98 prices on eBay last night E98wagnerf
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Empty Re: Strong E98 prices on eBay last night

Post by hanksta Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:46 pm

Hi Dave,
Nice pick up, it sure looks nice...the price may be a bit high, but not too bad I think considering it was an E98 (pretty hot set right now), Wagner and from the Carter Collection.

The Chase was crazy, but you get a few guys who want a few cards and poof!

righton

sdbh
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Empty Re: Strong E98 prices on eBay last night

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:16 pm

That's a nice "1", Dave. Congrats on a big hit to your set.

I really liked the Cobb. The blue is my favorite background color on the E98's, and I thought the type written "Right Field" in the background was cool. Overall it was a nice looking group considering the low grades, but as you mentioned, the prices were a bit silly. Shocked
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by asphaltman76 Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:23 pm

Thanks guys. Does anyone know who "typecard" is on eBay? I saw on the other board Brian M mention he knows...and expects these to resurface sometime soon. I can't imagine anyone bought these to sell them anytime soon..but I've been wrong before. Shoot, I thought the guy that sold all this stuff last night was making a mistake trying to flip them so quickly after Mastro. No
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:40 pm

Dave,
Andy Cook is "typecard." I also think it would be pretty tough to flip those anytime soon.

sdbh
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:42 pm

hanksta wrote:Dave,
Andy Cook is "typecard." I also think it would be pretty tough to flip those anytime soon.

sdbh

That's correct, "typecard" is Andy Cook (great guy btw), but the buyer of the e98's was "cardtype". Not Andy Cook.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Empty I have seen...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:44 pm

that ebayer a few times before. Looks like he don't want anyone to see his feedback or what he has bought. I bet he really wanted those certain cards and was willing to pay for them.

Nice card Dave....probably the nicest one in your E98 collection. Not to say the others you have are not nice but Wagner in the Red is stunning righton righton righton

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by asphaltman76 Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:22 pm

Yes...."cardtype"....sorry about that.

Mark-
I don't know...I have a SGC 30 Collins headed to the house soon that is a real gem lol!
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:31 pm

Guys, hate to say I know who this bidder is. However, he has won items from me in the past and recently, so I must not give out his name. I am certain he frequents this board, so if he wants to let everyone know, that is up to him.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Not even for a Mathewson Broad Leaf 460?

Very Happy

sdbh
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Empty Ha,Ha...Dave..

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:00 pm

Yes, i can't wait to get the e98 from Brian. He says there are no creases on most of the SGC 30 cards so i bet they look nice. I will be in touch once i get them.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:03 pm

Sean, I'll tell you for a measly BroadLeaf 350. Very Happy
I'm willing to bet the buyer changes his ebay name after all this commotion.

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:30 pm

cardtype is a friend of the n54 board and these will surface again soon...i was cringing every time he won a card last night because he paid very high and I feel he won't be getting that money back. I hope I will be proven wrong.

also congrats to dave for paying a record price on the e98 wagner sgc10 Smile. $300-$400 for sgc10 common hof'ers...meh.

dave i think i will be getting another walsh besides brian's so will let you know. the other is a supposed strong 4!
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by asphaltman76 Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:39 pm

ha...thanks Quan. It was kind of one of those happy to get the card but a sick feeling in your stomach at the same time. But, if I hold it 20 years I should be able to flip it for a buck at that point. mallet

Also yes I'd appreicate the notice if you upgrade Walsh.

Dave
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:04 am

Sorry Sean, not even for a BL 460 Matty! It is a matter of principal. bow

TBH, I know his name b/c of deals in the past. NOW, he uses a business name that seems to be made up to cover his identity.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by asphaltman76 Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:47 am

Maybe its Charlie Sheen that decided to dive into low grade E98's... Razz
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by macbruce11 Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:58 pm

Wow, I just looked into the prices paid for these cards. I thought the seller way overpaid for this low grade lot in the recent mastro auction. Obviously I was wrong. Dave, I would like to thank you and cardtype for increasing the value of all 98s. Seriously, I think the prices are likely the result of bidding frenzy rather than a trend. But then again, maybe I am just jealous since my cards never went that high.

macbruce11
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by asphaltman76 Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:21 pm

Wow...yet another big time selling price for a SGC 20 Bresnahan. I thought my $194 bid was pretty competitive on it...but this one had a few bids over $300. I was hoping the other day wouldn't be representative of prices of e98's over the next few weeks or months, since I'm still needing a few....but looks like perhaps that may be the case. Evil or Very Mad

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120204026155
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:31 am

underbidder is bruce k. maybe he's going from oj's to e98s Smile. wouldn't be a bad time to sell off some e98s and pick them up again in a few months. i think alan sassoon does that once every couple years...put a set or 2 together then consign them to mastro...

i still don't understand what all the hoopla is about with this set recently, prolly herd mentality. i thought i paid some strong prices for brucem's dupes but I guess I can break even now question
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by asphaltman76 Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:14 am

Quan I think the price increase of recent probably has something to do with me being right in the thick of the set....if I weren't in it, or if I was selling at this point, prices would be pretty low scratch

I could probably move on next to IMO a pretty ugly set like the E91's...and just as soon as I'd start trying to acquire a couple all the sudden they'd be the hottest things next to the George Close's. frustrated
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:30 am

got these today from brian...mark i think you'll be very happy with the cards. i think they're undergraded or very strong for the assigned grades.

Strong E98 prices on eBay last night E98s11
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:35 am

I recently sold a card to cardtype and as Scott said he now just puts up a Auction House name.

Nice E98s definately the hot set right now wish I had some to sell. Forgot if I did they would have been traded to Dave, so I wouldn't have any to sell anyways. Crying or Very sad

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Empty Very nice...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:33 pm

Quan!!! that Cobb looks great. Yes i can't wait to get mine in. We are going to have a huge snowstorm on monday and the mailman won't deliver the mail if its too bad so i may have to wait until tuesday now!!!!

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:59 pm

As much as I love the Rebel Oakes leaping pose, I really dislike the Cobb pose pictured. I've seen the original picture it's taken from and makes the picture look even stranger.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Strong E98 prices on eBay last night Empty and yet another...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:53 pm

E98 Lajoie PSA 1 sold for a nice price. Maybe because of the Red backgound but i figured at least $350 but i was wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120207100511&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next