Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best way to fly with cards?

4 posters

Go down

Best way to fly with cards? Empty Best way to fly with cards?

Post by BigGuy219 Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:25 am

I'm planning on bringing some cards to the National, but I've never flown with any. I'm not sure I like the idea of flying with them. I'm a New Yorker and I've avoided flying since 9/11, so I'm not aware of any of the new security procedures. Can they be taken on a carry on bag or are they too dangerous?

Any tips on flying with cards would be welcome.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Best way to fly with cards? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Best way to fly with cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Best way to fly with cards? Empty Re: Best way to fly with cards?

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:00 pm

Taking them aboard the fight as carry ons should be fine. Auction house employees fly all over the country to pick up collections all the time.

When I was helping a friend organize & consign their collection a few years ago, I watched an REA employee pack several small, padded suitcases (gun case?) full of very valuable cards and take them on the flight as carry-on baggage. So something like that should work fine for you on your way to Chi town.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Best way to fly with cards? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Best way to fly with cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by cmoking Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:53 am

BigGuy219 wrote:
Can they be taken on a carry on bag or are they too dangerous?

Too dangerous? Unless they have razor-sharp corners, I don't think the airlines will think cards can hurt anyone. J/K

I'd pack them up as you normally would when shipping, and just put them in your carry-on.

I do not recommend putting them in checked-in luggage. I've experience a couple of strange things, including condensation that made a book feel a little wet. I am not sure how that happened, but that was enough to make me think to be careful checking them in with regular luggage unless the cards were wrapped and boxed separately.

cmoking
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Best way to fly with cards? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Best way to fly with cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:15 pm

Put them in a briefcase to carry on the plane with you. One that has the combination locks on the opening flaps, and handcuff the briefcase to your wrist.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Best way to fly with cards? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Best way to fly with cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down