Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From the Net54 Non-Sports Forum -

3 posters

Go down

From the Net54 Non-Sports Forum - Empty From the Net54 Non-Sports Forum -

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:16 pm

In the 1950s, I built a model LSI (Landing Ship, Infantry)
June 21 2008 at 4:11 PM
No score for this post G. Maines (Login ItsOnlyGil)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from a kit obtained at a local store. This activity consisted primarilly of glueing together plastic pieces which made up the components of the ship.

The box which this kit came in had a very dramatic and colorful picture of the LSI across the top of the box, and much smaller representations on its sides. I cut out one of the smaller pictures and put it together with my Wheels, Wings and Rails and Sails because although I had cars, planes and trains; the "sails" portion haden't kicked in yet - and I had no boats. This item has survived to the present. And nobody can hope to convince me that it is not a "card". Although I recognize that the hobby does not count it among its assets.

However, if I was to bring this item to PSA and they graded it Aut. w-unc. along with the mfgr. and issue date (or some other designation), would it then become one of our hobby's assets? I am afraid so.

Do you think that grading companies should have the power to determine whether an item is a card in our hobby?
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
From the Net54 Non-Sports Forum - Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100From the Net54 Non-Sports Forum - Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

From the Net54 Non-Sports Forum - Empty Re: From the Net54 Non-Sports Forum -

Post by sabrjay Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:44 pm

My experience is that with anything uncatalogued, SGC at least, won't slab it until SCD and few prominent collectors and/or dealers recognize the item as a legit card. With PSA, who knows. Given their past, the can't even properly identify known issues, so why shouldn't slab something they have no clue about.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
From the Net54 Non-Sports Forum - Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100From the Net54 Non-Sports Forum - Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:08 am

I tried to have a previously unknown and uncataloged Ruth and Cobb game cards slabbed. The wouldn't do it until Lemke gave it his blessing. After an exchange of a few emails and pics, it was approved by Lemke and each got slabbed. They didn't get into the catalog, so I have been able to keep the cards a secret for several years.
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
From the Net54 Non-Sports Forum - Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100From the Net54 Non-Sports Forum - Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down