Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could change one thing about the hobby...

+2
ItsOnlyGil
fisherboy7
6 posters

Go down

If you could change one thing about the hobby... Empty If you could change one thing about the hobby...

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:23 pm

What would it be?

I'll save my answer for later winking
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
If you could change one thing about the hobby... Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100If you could change one thing about the hobby... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

If you could change one thing about the hobby... Empty Re: If you could change one thing about the hobby...

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:42 pm

Well, it can't be changed, but I wish there was no dishonesty.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
If you could change one thing about the hobby... Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100If you could change one thing about the hobby... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

If you could change one thing about the hobby... Empty Re: If you could change one thing about the hobby...

Post by 3-2-count Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:27 pm

The one thing I wish I could change in the hobby would be to have more "Trust & Confidence" with some of the other authenticators product thats out in the market today. Currently there's really only one I feel 100% confident with when it comes to coughing up my money for a card in one of their holders and I feel we as collectors should have more choices than this, but to date havent been given the proper warm and fuzzy from these other companies when it comes to the backing of their product.
More choices with more authenticators that stand behind their product can only strengthen our hobby. Currently it's just not there.

Tony
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
If you could change one thing about the hobby... Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100If you could change one thing about the hobby... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:41 am

i probably sound like an old dinosaur already...but less reliance on grading companies.

i agree with tony, some co. r getting really bad and i've lost confidence in them. i'd take an honest assessment from some board members here over what some slab says.

gil ur also right imo, lots of b.s. being flung in the hobby, and it's nauseating. we're all hypocrites i guess, just some r bigger (and louder) than others.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
If you could change one thing about the hobby... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100If you could change one thing about the hobby... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cmoking Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:09 am

I wish the grading companies would go to a .01 scale. The more accuracy the better.

nahnahnah

cmoking
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
If you could change one thing about the hobby... Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100If you could change one thing about the hobby... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

If you could change one thing about the hobby... Empty coin grading

Post by Art Tatum Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:26 pm

is moving in that direction so no doubt cards will follow in a five more years or so.

Cool

Art Tatum
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
If you could change one thing about the hobby... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100If you could change one thing about the hobby... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down