Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more pre-30 section on eBay???

+2
Square_Frame_Ramly
glenv
6 posters

Go down

No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Empty No more pre-30 section on eBay???

Post by glenv Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:07 pm

Did eBay really get rid of all sections based on years? Is that just a mistake that they are going to fix, or do they just not want us to find anything... Is there a new way to search on pre-30 cards? What is eBay thinking??? No more pre-30 section on eBay??? 768829

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Empty They won't change

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:18 pm

this new policy...trust me, it's here to stay.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Empty Re: No more pre-30 section on eBay???

Post by terjung Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:02 pm

Flat out bad decision.

Really will hurt the pre-war eBay sales.

Sellers will begin to disappear even more.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:40 pm

imo it's not going to affect the people i want to buy from the most...the mom and pop seller who found a dozen t/e cards that's been stashed away for 40 years. they'll find their way to ebay. i'm tired of looking at overgraded psa3s or ripped up hal chase sgc As (the grading fees is equal to card's value) at 300% market price. prolly less competition in bigger auction houses where people are looking to flip on ebay.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:20 pm

FeeBay's categories never affected me because because I have never done a search by category. Over the years I've developed specialized searches that help find those hidden gems that others tend to miss. The last place I am going to look for a bargain is in the proper category an item is supposed to be in.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:40 pm

I don't make a habit of checking ebay much anymore, but I finally did and found it really annoying that the categories had been taken away. One thing it will definately do for me is take away my purchases of cards other than T206 Cycle 460s and T202s because I bought many of my cards by seeing the auction and thinking they were cool and had to have it. Now I pretty much have to search for them and won't be stumbling across them.

Ebay just continues to shot itself in the foot, how many feet do they have?

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:29 pm

eBay now has an "Era" section, which includes a "Pre WWII (Pre-1942)" selection. Finally, a step in the right direction...

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100No more pre-30 section on eBay??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down