Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travel help - DC, NYC, Philly, and Baltimore

4 posters

Go down

Travel help - DC, NYC, Philly, and Baltimore Empty Travel help - DC, NYC, Philly, and Baltimore

Post by glenv Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:57 pm

Anyone from these cities? Any tips on travelling there? What are the cheap hotels? (Going to games that will end after 10pm, so just need a place to sleep where one won't get killed...) Should one drive to Yankee stadium, take a cab, or the subway? Is going home on the subway after 10 safe? How much does cab fare run? Any restaurants that shouldn't be missed? (Where's the best cheesesteak in Philly?) Other sites worth hitting that aren't obvious? Any other tips?

Thanks in advance - Glen

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Travel help - DC, NYC, Philly, and Baltimore Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Travel help - DC, NYC, Philly, and Baltimore Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Travel help - DC, NYC, Philly, and Baltimore Empty Re: Travel help - DC, NYC, Philly, and Baltimore

Post by CobbSpikedMe Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:02 pm

Glen,

I wish I could help with your questions, but I can't offer anything useful. I just wanted to say that it sounds like you'll be in for a nice little trip soon. I wish I could hit 4 cities home games in one trip. bow

Have Fun!

AndyH
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Travel help - DC, NYC, Philly, and Baltimore Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Travel help - DC, NYC, Philly, and Baltimore Right_bar_bleue

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Travel help - DC, NYC, Philly, and Baltimore Empty Re: Travel help - DC, NYC, Philly, and Baltimore

Post by arandy Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:46 am

I went to an ALDS game in yankee stadium last year. We stayed at the New Yorker Hotel. Our room was a balcony over-looking the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building and Madison Square Garden. AWESOME. A good place to eat is the Carnigie Deli. I love their hot pastrami sandwiches.
-Randy
arandy
arandy
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Travel help - DC, NYC, Philly, and Baltimore Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Travel help - DC, NYC, Philly, and Baltimore Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by lamontcarter Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:20 am

Glen
I'm from Philly. There's a Holiday Inn just behind centerfield from Citizens Bank Park. I'm sure it's reasonable and you can walk from the game too your room in about 5 minutes. From a convienience standpoint that certainly would be easiest. The famous steak joints are Pat's or Geno's but they'll be a pretty decent cab ride from CBP but I recommend it. You can get a decent steak inside the park at Tony Luke's.

If you go to Pat's or Geno's remember the lingo is:

cheese wit (whiz and grilled onions) or
cheese wit out (no onions)

Don't get one with american or provolone.

Enjoy!!
lamontcarter
lamontcarter
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Travel help - DC, NYC, Philly, and Baltimore Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Travel help - DC, NYC, Philly, and Baltimore Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down