Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do auction houses allow consignors to bid on their items?

2 posters

Go down

do auction houses allow consignors to bid on their items? Empty do auction houses allow consignors to bid on their items?

Post by cccc Thu May 29, 2008 9:54 pm

noob question...i'm probably stupid and burning money for not knowing the answer till now...but how many houses allow this practice? i know you can obviously tell your friend to bid up lots for you but can you just diy?

for some auction houses i probably would prefer the house owning the lots versus consignments.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
do auction houses allow consignors to bid on their items? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100do auction houses allow consignors to bid on their items? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

do auction houses allow consignors to bid on their items? Empty Re: do auction houses allow consignors to bid on their items?

Post by TheRiddler Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:37 am

I believe that the consensus among most baseball card collectors is that they object to owners bidding on their own lots. And that auction houses typically try to support this preference.

I note that other areas of collectibles do not always object to owners bidding on their items, so long as they are responsible for the same fees and other costs as any other potential winner.
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
do auction houses allow consignors to bid on their items? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100do auction houses allow consignors to bid on their items? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down