Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cool Silk Pillow Case

4 posters

Go down

Cool Silk Pillow Case Empty Cool Silk Pillow Case

Post by arandy Tue May 27, 2008 8:29 pm

Your'e probably thinkin I'm crazy for posting a thread about a pillow case. And you might be right!

Anyway, I found a pillow case on ebay made of sport and non-sport tobacco silks! It looks hand made. My guess is this was made during the Geat Dpression. That would be awesome to sleep on your baseball card collection!

Here's the LINK.

-Randy
arandy
arandy
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Cool Silk Pillow Case Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Cool Silk Pillow Case Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Cool Silk Pillow Case Empty Re: Cool Silk Pillow Case

Post by zouraspm Wed May 28, 2008 12:31 pm

Hey the auction's not over yet. That's what I love about this board, no worries about people getting on your case about outing an auction.

You'd spend a lot of man hours unstitching the individual silks if you were buying it to flip. I know someone who did that with the little pennants and I don't think it paid off for him.
zouraspm
zouraspm
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Cool Silk Pillow Case Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cool Silk Pillow Case Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed May 28, 2008 3:51 pm

That's pretty neat. Sometimes you'll see the silks sewn into a blanket too. It would be a mistake to unstitch them and attempt to sell them individually - I doubt they'd have much value with stitch holes. Besides, they're relics from days past that should be kept together in my opinion. Same with the old trunks that have tobacco cards shellacked inside. Scrapbooks are another story though as the cards can often be soaked off successfully.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Cool Silk Pillow Case Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Cool Silk Pillow Case Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed May 28, 2008 9:50 pm

they are usually more valuable kept together as collectors of old textile items and collectors of Americana will bid on these. Take it apart and you lose those potential buyers

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Cool Silk Pillow Case Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Cool Silk Pillow Case Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down