Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you consider these errors or legit. variations?

3 posters

Go down

Do you consider these errors or legit. variations? Empty Do you consider these errors or legit. variations?

Post by scott elkins Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:56 am

T207 Wagner/Carrigan wrong backs?
T206 Old Mill SL Overprint backs?

Personally, I consider all of these simply errors and NOT variations (whether for the T207 set or T206 back collection). I noticed a couple of years ago, SGC finally quit including the T206 Carrigan and Wagner cards with wrong backs as part of the set (after myself and many other T207 collectors complained for years about their inclusion in the set).

SGC does not even list the T206 Old Mill overprints at all. Even though I consider these errors, looks like they would still be included in the SCD (I know other T206 errors are listed - like the Sweeney No "B"). While I don't consider the Old Mill overprints necessary to complete a T206 back type collection, it would still be interesting to see one come up for sale. Has anyone ever seen one for sale? Also, what do you think one would sell for (VG'ish condition)? IMHO, I would estimate $10k-$15k.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Do you consider these errors or legit. variations? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Do you consider these errors or legit. variations? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Do you consider these errors or legit. variations? Empty Re: Do you consider these errors or legit. variations?

Post by sabrjay Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:53 am

The Carrigan and others missing ink are not true variations. They are simply missing ink. Many of the cards that are listed as variations are simply printing freaks and not true variations.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Do you consider these errors or legit. variations? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Do you consider these errors or legit. variations? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Do you consider these errors or legit. variations? Empty Re: Do you consider these errors or legit. variations?

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:57 pm

Scott-I had a chance at a Old Mill with an upsidedown Sweet Cap 649 overstrike. I talked to the collector for a few weeks and he thought it was worth 10k. At first I agreed. I have a scan somewhere and will get it to you. Hart/SL
This card was a southern Old mill that got the Sweet cap back ran over it. An error-printer scrap. At first I considered trading 10k worth of my rare backs but the more I thought about it the best I could do was trade 2k worth of rare backs. That was not good enough for him.
These are not a lagit T206 back and not worth any more than other T206 errors. I know some errors bring good money on ebay but not 10k. I think the T206 back set is complete at 37. I can count in the different color backs in Hindu, Lenox and Old Mill but I do think the brown Old Mills were not issued in cig. packs because all the brown Old Mills I have seen are hand cut or trimmed.
I count the red Hindu and the brown Lenox as T206 backs because I have examples of each in my collection that are factory cut, graded and labeled as so by SGC.
I am pretty sure my dad is going tobe in town the weekend of the Reading show. I will get him to bring examples of those cards so we can discuss at the show.
I also think Sovereign has a different color that is not recognized. A regular green and an apple green. I think it is overlooked because it is just a different green. I don't think it is faded-it is just a lighter shade. If they used yellow there would be another T206 back.
If you are printing and run out of ink, you make more of the same color or use what is avalible. Instead of making more light brown (Hindu) just use red (Sweet Cap). Probably the reason for red Hindu.Why make more this is the end of the print run on these cards.
This is all just my opinion after collecting for years. It could all be wrong!
talk to you soon
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Do you consider these errors or legit. variations? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Do you consider these errors or legit. variations? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down