Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cards that have eluded you

+6
vintagecatcher
sabrjay
cccc
fisherboy7
ItsOnlyGil
the-illini
10 posters

Go down

Cards that have eluded you Empty Cards that have eluded you

Post by the-illini Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:27 pm

I was looking over my wantlist the other day and noticed that I have had a handful of cards on there for several years! Got me to thinking this might be a fun (and maybe beneficial) topic for the board - list some of the cards you have wanted for a while, but havent been able to land for whatever reason. Here are a couple of mine:

1923-24 Exhibit Al Simmons and Jim Bottomley
Old Judge McCormick - portrait and Williamson - Tuxedo
1940 Dodgers Picture Pack Pee Wee Reese

Lets hear about yours!
the-illini
the-illini
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Cards that have eluded you Left_bar_bleue11 / 10011 / 100Cards that have eluded you Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/crb972

Back to top Go down

Cards that have eluded you Empty Re: Cards that have eluded you

Post by ItsOnlyGil Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:46 pm

I am with you on Bottomleys from the twenties, especially pre-1925.
I gave up on that when I faced a Maple Crispette, and decided that there had to be an alternate approach.

Currently, my on going quest for a Batter Up #62: Ben Chapman continues. I do not want one in pink, blue, grey or brown. It used to be that Id look every day. Back when I was youing and optimistic.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Cards that have eluded you Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Cards that have eluded you Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:35 pm

I've wanted a E97 Keeler for a while but never have been able to acquire one.

It's understandable why some of the other cards I want have eluded me, just because of their scarcity.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Cards that have eluded you Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Cards that have eluded you Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:18 pm

i think the only card left on my early day want list that i still haven't owned is the e94 young. it's not particularly scarce, but somehow i'm the underbidder or just missed it...

another one is the e104/d359/t208 baker but this card is probably from a later wantlist and not the original, because it's a cool card.

others less notables i've wanted an example but never have: t204 johnson, e105 wagner, e92 cobb.

these are in the "manageable" range price-wise...i don't want to get into dreamy happy-zone wishful-thinking land.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Cards that have eluded you Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Cards that have eluded you Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:13 pm

Most of the cards I want/need are very expensive cards that I can't buy unless I save up a long time to be able to buy one of them.

Current wish list includes a Spaulding Champs card of Emil Yde, Father Son Shoes cards of Brucker, Gantenbein and Scharein, and Holland Ice Cream cards of Russel, Shirely and Zahniser.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Cards that have eluded you Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Cards that have eluded you Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Cards that have eluded you Empty 1912 E136 Catcher cards

Post by vintagecatcher Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:09 pm

Both 1912 zeenut and Home Run Kisses catcher cards not only rarely appear, but when they do it's a snipefest. I still haven't seen examples of many of them.

Patrick
vintagecatcher
vintagecatcher
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Cards that have eluded you Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cards that have eluded you Right_bar_bleue

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeqzw1e/thevintagecatcher/

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:16 pm

The M101-8 Sporting News supplement was one of the few affordable types that I was missing (of the ACC #ed types). Finally I found one earlier this year.

As for remaining elusive cards - types of issues that I can't find or afford, such as: Boston Garters, Western Playground, Baltimore News, Washington Times, Briggs Co. Ruth, Frederick Foto, Derby Cigars, Grennan Bakery, Texas Tommy type 2, and some tough 19th century types. Crying or Very sad

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Cards that have eluded you Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cards that have eluded you Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by psacollector Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:45 am

Still looking for E104 Bender and E102 Wagner fielding.
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Cards that have eluded you Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Cards that have eluded you Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:47 am

psacollector wrote:Still looking for E104 Bender and E102 Wagner fielding.

Hey Wes I have this one. I'm sort of attached to it but hey, we've had successful trades in the past...

Cards that have eluded you E104Bendersm
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Cards that have eluded you Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Cards that have eluded you Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by psacollector Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:00 am

wow Wow Ben.....that card is NICE and would look perfect in my set!!!

I might be short on trade material and I know you target more scarce cards, but I am going to have to try to put together a trade!
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Cards that have eluded you Empty Cards that have eluded you

Post by shammus Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:55 am

Hey Wes...didn't know you were looking for it but I still have the e102 Wagner that I bought from Richard. It's in a 10 holder and is somewhat rough though. It's also extremely difficult so I guess you sort of have to take what you can get with this one.

As far as cards that have eluded me....that's a good one. I've been very fortunate and been able to cross some tough cards off my wantlist this year. I suppose that 1911 Zeenut Halla would be one and perhaps a t210 Morris. I know where a couple are of each but so far, I've been unable to talk the owners into parting with them. Smile

shammus
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Cards that have eluded you Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Cards that have eluded you Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:04 pm

I've had a hard time tracking down the N43 Yankovic variation. Even finding a scan was a task in itself.

Cards that have eluded you Pshop7
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by CobbSpikedMe Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Ben,

That is absolutely rediculous!

flaglol
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down