Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beaters: Which would you rather have?

+2
3-2-count
ItsOnlyGil
6 posters

Go down

Beaters: Which would you rather have? Empty Beaters: Which would you rather have?

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:53 pm

And if I may ask, why? Assume identical pricing.

Beaters: Which would you rather have? Aviati14
The hammer fell on this one at $405.

Beaters: Which would you rather have? F-g_du13
The hammer fell on this one at $410.25

Edited to add:
Imo, both of these cards are approximately equal.
At any price above $200. I have more desireable items to purchase.
Below that level, I can certainly find something to do with this player.
If given a choice, I would select the complete card with surface damage,
over the one with the missing corner.
Both of these are currently up for bid - I doubt either will go under $200.

Last edited by ItsOnlyGil on Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:46 am; edited 3 times in total
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Beaters: Which would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Beaters: Which would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Beaters: Which would you rather have? Empty Re: Beaters: Which would you rather have?

Post by 3-2-count Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:24 pm

Gil -
I prefer the top one. Although it has a healthy piece of top left corner missing,
the image is so much nicer and it doesnt have pin holes in it.
I'm willing to bet the vote ends up split though. To each his own......

Tony
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Beaters: Which would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Beaters: Which would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Beaters: Which would you rather have? Empty Re: Beaters: Which would you rather have?

Post by yawie99 Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:39 pm

I'd take the top as well. The pin hole and missing chunk of corner are about equal to me - and I defintely don't consider either a deal breaker - but the top one is otherwise cleaner.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Beaters: Which would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Beaters: Which would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:58 pm

I with out a doubt what take the top one. I am more for the overall presentation of the card over the tecnical grade.

Beaters: Which would you rather have? Moz-screenshotHere are a couple of others to debate. I own the SGC 40, the only real problem is a tiny tear on one side. Which would you pay more for?

Beaters: Which would you rather have? Mack_p10

Beaters: Which would you rather have? Cjmack10

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Beaters: Which would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Beaters: Which would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:19 pm

I like the color of the PSA card better + I'm not a "sharp corners" guy.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Beaters: Which would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Beaters: Which would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:29 pm

I can make the scan darker for you , Gil. Very Happy

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Beaters: Which would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Beaters: Which would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:52 pm

Assuming the tear is just on the back layer and not all the way through the card, I'd rather have the SGC Mack, but I'd hopefully be paying less for it than the PSA copy. I'm all about looking for maximum eye appeal on the minimum grade.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Beaters: Which would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Beaters: Which would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:54 pm

Ditto for me on the Mack. The Sgc example is more presentable.

Tony
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Beaters: Which would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Beaters: Which would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Beaters: Which would you rather have? Empty Re.

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:59 pm

Lee:
That is my problem on many ebay bids.
I no longer believe that what you see is what you get.
It often is worth a premium at a show, since you can see what is offered.
And take it with no delay, insurance and shipping, etc.
The phoney stuff is going to kill ebay, for me, anyway.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:27 am

I take the top OJ. It has a much clearer picture. I'd take the SGC Mack. Better color and presentation. Who cares if the corners are sharp.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Beaters: Which would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Beaters: Which would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:21 am

i'd pass on both brouthers and wait for a better copy...if i have to choose i'd pick the top.

on the mack i agree with yawie, if the tear is only on the back (paper lift) i'd take the sgc example...but if it's gonna cost the same or more than the psa then i'd rather have the psa4.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Beaters: Which would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Beaters: Which would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:51 am

Tony was right about the Brouthers cards. The vote was split (as indicated in that post) and I feel vindicated - because I alone, among us, preferred the bottom one. So, it is an impossible to pick choice, in this instance, between a better image, and a complete card.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down