Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any predictions for the coming season?

+4
ValKehl
Z-NUT
ullmandds
sabrjay
8 posters

Go down

any predictions for the coming season? Empty any predictions for the coming season?

Post by sabrjay Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:08 pm

I really don't. I'm just hoping the Twins can get back to .500. According to many the Twins have the two best prospects in the minor with Buxton and Sano. Given how bad the team is, I say bring them up and let them learn in the Majors. The Twins can't do any worse than they have the past 3 years. I didn't realize that the franchise hasn't been this bad since the mid 50s. The Twins have lost 291 games the past 3 years without losing 100 or more in anyone one season. That is what you call consistently bad.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
any predictions for the coming season? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100any predictions for the coming season? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

any predictions for the coming season? Empty Re: any predictions for the coming season?

Post by ullmandds Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:30 pm

the yankees WILL make the postseason!!!!

AROD will not play 1 game this year!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
any predictions for the coming season? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100any predictions for the coming season? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

any predictions for the coming season? Empty Re: any predictions for the coming season?

Post by Z-NUT Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Houston will go undefeated and win the series in a sweep.

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
any predictions for the coming season? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100any predictions for the coming season? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ValKehl Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:51 am

Davey Johnson will be proven right, except that he got it wrong by one year - "World Series, or bust" for the Nats in 2014!!  yes 

ValKehl
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
any predictions for the coming season? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100any predictions for the coming season? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:32 pm

Mariners did not address their two major problems from last season, offense & bullpen. Big splash with free agent Robinson Cano. He is a special talent but he has NO protection in the line-up and may be discouraged with the lack of support around him by mid-season. Logan Morrison, really?

The bullpen is a joke. Wilhelmsen's confidence was shot last season, good luck with that reclamation. Traded Carter Capps. Seems Farquhar will be the closer. As an emergency stop-gap, management threw some veterans at the problem; Fernando Rodney, Randy Wolf, and Zach Miner. What a mess!

As for the starters, I feel sorry for Hernandez. He's a once in a generation pitcher mired on a lousy team. Iwakuma out 4-6 weeks already. Paxton & Walker could be special, but won't be given time to develop. Either way the Mariners Deep End Method of Swim Instruction, er.... Player Development will probably end disastrously.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
any predictions for the coming season? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100any predictions for the coming season? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:04 am

sabrjay wrote:I really don't. I'm just hoping the Twins can get back to .500. According to many the Twins have the two best prospects in the minor with Buxton and Sano. Given how bad the team is, I say bring them up and let them learn in the Majors. The Twins can't do any worse than they have the past 3 years. I didn't realize that the franchise hasn't been this bad since the mid 50s. The Twins have lost 291 games the past 3 years without losing 100 or more in anyone one season. That is what you call consistently bad.

they're not ready jay, you don't want to ruin them forever by overwhelming their confidence now. i think you might see sano this year but if i remember he's coming back from injury(?) so they might take it slow on him, buxton is at least another year away unless he's a freak like trout. either way imo the twins will go tampa's route and try to control them before FA as much as possible, so no early call up.

we all know about the big bad ball clubs with lots of money, i wanna see if the smaller clubs who were successful last year like pitt cleve kc can repeat. also can washington with strasburg and harper stay healthy? their eta is now.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
any predictions for the coming season? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100any predictions for the coming season? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:21 am

I don't buy the fragile ego crap. If you are a stud, your ego can handle it. If I had that kind of talent, I would much rather be competing against the best rather than beating up on a bunch of chumps. Then again, if your ego is that fragile, you probably aren't going to be superstar people think.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
any predictions for the coming season? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100any predictions for the coming season? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:01 am

i don't think it's ego, he's just too green. he just had his 1st full season in pro ball last year. even against AL central pitching he's gonna be overmatched. that doesn't help his development and he might pick up bad habits to compensate. even at his current level he'll be facing competition mostly 2-3 yrs older than he is.

one interesting thing i read last year when bryce harper went down to the minor to rehab, he was still the youngest guy on his team...
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
any predictions for the coming season? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100any predictions for the coming season? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:34 pm

I still say throw him into the fire. If truly is great, it will come through. Yount was 18, Cobb 19, Griffry Jr 19, Feller 17, Foxx 17, Ott, 17. Yes, tons of others flamed out as teenagers, but as I've said, if they are truly great, they will get through it.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:45 pm

I predict that Jeter will retire at the end of the season. Don't ask me why, I just have this gut feeling. I'm goin' out on a limb, by god!
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
any predictions for the coming season? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100any predictions for the coming season? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:33 pm

LucasRiley wrote:I predict that Jeter will retire at the end of the season. Don't ask me why, I just have this gut feeling. I'm goin' out on a limb, by god!

The Amazing Criswell agrees....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXkYTdm8BFA

pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:33 am

I never get tired of watching that movie. Every time I see it, I discover some new, hilariously bad detail.
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
any predictions for the coming season? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100any predictions for the coming season? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:40 pm

pariah1107 wrote:Mariners did not address their two major problems from last season, offense & bullpen. Big splash with free agent Robinson Cano. He is a special talent but he has NO protection in the line-up and may be discouraged with the lack of support around him by mid-season. Logan Morrison, really?

The bullpen is a joke. Wilhelmsen's confidence was shot last season, good luck with that reclamation. Traded Carter Capps. Seems Farquhar will be the closer. As an emergency stop-gap, management threw some veterans at the problem; Fernando Rodney, Randy Wolf, and Zach Miner. What a mess!

As for the starters, I feel sorry for Hernandez. He's a once in a generation pitcher mired on a lousy team. Iwakuma out 4-6 weeks already. Paxton & Walker could be special, but won't be given time to develop. Either way the Mariners Deep End Method of Swim Instruction, er.... Player Development will probably end disastrously.

I'm an idiot.

The offense, while not stellar, is adequate, and the bullpen has been fantastic. Wilhelmsen has been a steady long reliever all season. Farquhar and the set-up crew have been outstanding, and Fernando Rodney has the most saves in the AL. Wolf and Miner never got out of camp with the team.

Hernandez has been dominant. Iwakuma is back. Paxton, who was incredible early in the season, had a rehab start in Everett last week and looks to join the big league club soon. Rookies Walker and Elias have been mercurial. Seven games over .500 at the break and in the Wild Card hunt, are you kidding? Warming up to be a great autumn for the M's.

Last edited by pariah1107 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:57 pm

The easiest way to look like a fool is to become a prognosticator.  Take it from someone who knows. Embarassed
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down