Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What adjective best describes you as a collector?

+3
scott elkins
nolemmings
fisherboy7
7 posters

Go down

What adjective best describes you as a collector? Empty What adjective best describes you as a collector?

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:17 pm

Passionate? Thrifty? Discriminating? Or how about obsessive? What adjective best describes you as a collector?

For me, I'm gonna go with captivated; even if I'm not picking up cards on a regular basis, I love ogling the rare stuff in the major auctions, and I also enjoy discussing the hobby with fellow collectors here on Full Count. So I guess you could call me captivated by the hobby!

And you Question

Last edited by fisherboy7 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
What adjective best describes you as a collector? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100What adjective best describes you as a collector? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

What adjective best describes you as a collector? Empty What adjective best describes you as a collector?

Post by nolemmings Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:19 pm

Unfocused
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
What adjective best describes you as a collector? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What adjective best describes you as a collector? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What adjective best describes you as a collector? Empty Re: What adjective best describes you as a collector?

Post by scott elkins Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:05 pm

Obsessed - it seems if I cannot find cards I want for my personal collection, I am expanding my collection or simply buying cards I feel are "good deals".

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
What adjective best describes you as a collector? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100What adjective best describes you as a collector? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What adjective best describes you as a collector? Empty Re: What adjective best describes you as a collector?

Post by Jacklitsch Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:38 pm

nolemmings wrote:Unfocused

Beat me to it though I am getting better. Unfocused probably aptly described my collecting style for at least 25 years. Little of this, little of that. It's just that I like so much of what I see that I have to have it. Makes for a real mishmash of a collection.

Of late, especially in the last year or so, I'll go with disciplined. With the nearing or retirement I just can't collect everthing I want lest I leave a real mess for the family when I'm gone. affraid
Jacklitsch
Jacklitsch
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
What adjective best describes you as a collector? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What adjective best describes you as a collector? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:18 pm

Disiplined

I wasn't like that in the 80s. Back then, I was a magpie. If it was pretty and shiney, I wanted it. No matter how hard I tried back then to focus on something, there was always something new and interesting to distract me.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What adjective best describes you as a collector? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What adjective best describes you as a collector? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:31 pm

I would also have to say disiplined this year; I used to be all over the place but I've focused my attention on just a few cards...which have turned out to be very very hard to find.

The main reason I think for the change was when I was just buying a lot of stuff I never really had any connection to the cards I bought, now with only 20 or so cards in my collection I enjoy each one.

sdbh
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What adjective best describes you as a collector? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What adjective best describes you as a collector? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:39 pm

I would say one word would be ANXIOUS
I get a little card money and it burns a hole in my pocket.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
What adjective best describes you as a collector? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100What adjective best describes you as a collector? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down