Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Count Find Pickup Thread

+2
sabrjay
Theo_450
6 posters

Go down

Full Count Find Pickup Thread Empty Full Count Find Pickup Thread

Post by Theo_450 Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Does anybody want to share? I would be thrilled to know that some of you guys got some of the cards!
Theo_450
Theo_450
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Full Count Find Pickup Thread Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Full Count Find Pickup Thread Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Full Count Find Pickup Thread Empty Re: Full Count Find Pickup Thread

Post by sabrjay Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:47 pm

The area called Recent Aquisitons & Favorite Cards has that topic covered.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Full Count Find Pickup Thread Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Full Count Find Pickup Thread Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:34 am

I'm okay with it having its own thread. But I didn't pick up anything from the find. I considered it, but the cards are not in my niche. I heard the Ty Cobb got a good price, though. If so, congrats...
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Full Count Find Pickup Thread Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Full Count Find Pickup Thread Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo_450 Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:18 am

jbonie wrote:I'm okay with it having its own thread.  But I didn't pick up anything from the find.  I considered it, but the cards are not in my niche.  I heard the Ty Cobb got a good price, though.  If so, congrats...
Thank you, the auction was tons of fun! My hat is off to Al.
You guys taught me a lot on here. There were about 1100 cards in the Full Count Find.
I feel like now the collection will be scattered out into the winds of the hobby, and I like that.
Now that they have taken on a new life, the cards will be handled and seen and passed around or talked about by so many more people. I hope you all enjoy them as much as our family has.

beer
Theo_450
Theo_450
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Full Count Find Pickup Thread Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Full Count Find Pickup Thread Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:09 am

We were happy that you showed up here and shared them with us.

If anyone wants to post their pick ups here, I'm fine with that. I misread the topic.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Full Count Find Pickup Thread Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Full Count Find Pickup Thread Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo_450 Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:19 am

sabrjay wrote:We were happy that you showed up here and shared them with us.

If anyone wants to post their pick ups here, I'm fine with that. I misread the topic.

Thank you for making an exception! I appreciate you guys!
Theo_450
Theo_450
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by iggyman Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Theo_450 wrote:There were about 1100 cards in the Full Count Find.
I feel like now the collection will be scattered out into the winds of the hobby, and I like that.
Now that they have taken on a new life, the cards will be handled and seen and passed around or talked about by so many more people. I hope you all enjoy them as much as our family has.
beer
I like your analogy!  I purchased the "33 card tobacco and caramel lot of commons" because I was after the T206 Ganley EPDG.  The rest will eventually find themselves "scattered-out" in different collections.  

"Lovely Day"

Full Count Find Pickup Thread Lg_lot13

iggyman
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:59 pm

so, were the sales prices what you were expecting? grading is so subjective an upswing here and there and you could've netted at least another 5k+ imo. makes me sick reading about all the grading issues going on.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Full Count Find Pickup Thread Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Full Count Find Pickup Thread Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:20 pm

iggyman...i may be interested in the t205 minor leaguers!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Full Count Find Pickup Thread Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Full Count Find Pickup Thread Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo_450 Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:48 am

ullmandds wrote:iggyman...i may be interested in the t205 minor leaguers!
That Nee was one of my favorites (great colors)! I hope you get it!
Theo_450
Theo_450
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo_450 Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:56 am

cccc wrote:so, were the sales prices what you were expecting?  grading is so subjective an upswing here and there and you could've netted at least another 5k+ imo.  makes me sick reading about all the grading issues going on.
Yes! The auction was very successful!

I only had an issue with one graded card. Of course it was one of the big ones, but such is life. I think the grading companies best service they provide is authenticity. When you don't "go to the card store", and touch, see, smell the product, you are really susceptible to forgery. "Knowing" a graded card is real is a big boost to the remote access aspect of this wonderful hobby.

Buy the card, not the holder.

Thanks for the help! Best, Ted
Theo_450
Theo_450
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo_450 Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:58 am

iggyman wrote:
Theo_450 wrote:There were about 1100 cards in the Full Count Find.
beer
I like your analogy!  I purchased the "33 card tobacco and caramel lot of commons" because I was after the T206 Ganley EPDG.  The rest will eventually find themselves "scattered-out" in different collections.  

"Lovely Day"

Full Count Find Pickup Thread Lg_lot13
And a lovely lot! Congrats!
I am sure they will enjoy their new homes.
Theo_450
Theo_450
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo_450 Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:50 pm

Bump...

My new hobby is looking on the internet for scans of cards that were in the "Full Count Find"! I have tracked down a few, and I am still having a great time!
Theo_450
Theo_450
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down