Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports Collectors Daily

+7
Jewish-collector
ullmandds
Z-NUT
sabrjay
Theo_450
jbonie
BigGuy219
11 posters

Go down

Sports Collectors Daily Empty Sports Collectors Daily

Post by BigGuy219 Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:23 pm

During the Full Count dinner on Saturday night, I was seated opposite Rich Klein, in a flashback to the 2010 dinner in Baltimore. We reconnected and I discussed his column that appears on Sports Collectors Daily, and mentioned that I had heard they were recruiting.

I had previously written articles for a modern card site, and Rich was kind enough to pass on my portfolio to another Rich, Rich Mueller who has brought me on board as a writer.

I'll try to submit at least one article a day, as I am rarely separated from my computer. My first article went up last night, and they should keep coming.

You should be able to find the first one, and all subsequent ones, via this link: http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/author/chris-levy/

Thanks to Rich M for giving me the opportunity, Rich K for forwarding my work with endorsement, and I guess most importantly ... Lee for inviting Rich to dinner!
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Sports Collectors Daily Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sports Collectors Daily Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Sports Collectors Daily Empty Re: Sports Collectors Daily

Post by jbonie Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Very well-written. I'm impressed! Congrats on the new gig! Keep the articles coming!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Sports Collectors Daily Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Sports Collectors Daily Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo_450 Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Very nicely written!
Theo_450
Theo_450
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Sports Collectors Daily Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sports Collectors Daily Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:18 am

Congrats! and well written.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Sports Collectors Daily Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Sports Collectors Daily Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:33 am

Good stuff, Chris. Congrats!

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Sports Collectors Daily Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Sports Collectors Daily Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:26 am

Very nice chris.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Sports Collectors Daily Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Sports Collectors Daily Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewish-collector Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:37 pm

Chris,

Great seeing you on the show floor during !!!

Fantastic job with the article !!!

BTW - I had been talking to Rick K. during the National week & I mentioned to him that Lee, Jay, Pete, yourself, etc,... are having dinner at the German restaurant at 7 pm, but I had other plans and wasn't able to go, but told Rich K. to go (he originally said he was going to go to McDonalds that night Surprised )

Lee may or may not have invited him too - not sure, but I made sure he knew about it. I'm glad he went Very Happy 

Alan

Jewish-collector
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:00 pm

Great article Chris, nicely done. Theo's find was extraordinary, and glad he shared with Full Count.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:17 pm

Nice, Chris!
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Sports Collectors Daily Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Sports Collectors Daily Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:35 pm

It was great having Rich there. There aren't that many people left in the hobby I can talk to that actually attended Willow Grove in 1982. We figured out that is where we first met.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Sports Collectors Daily Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Sports Collectors Daily Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:51 pm

Jewish-collector wrote:Chris,

Great seeing you on the show floor during !!!

Fantastic job with the article !!!

BTW - I had been talking to Rick K. during the National week & I mentioned to him that Lee, Jay, Pete, yourself, etc,... are having dinner at the German restaurant at 7 pm, but I had other plans and wasn't able to go, but told Rich K. to go (he originally said he was going to go to McDonalds that night Surprised )

Lee may or may not have invited him too - not sure, but I made sure he knew about it. I'm glad he went Very Happy 

Alan
We missed you at the dinner, Alan. But I totally understand choosing Brett Michaels (and his groupies) over us!
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:00 pm

congrats chris! can't wait for your take on yasiel puig. never knew that SCD site existed before today.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Sports Collectors Daily Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Sports Collectors Daily Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:01 pm

cccc wrote:congrats chris!  can't wait for your take on yasiel puig.  never knew that SCD site existed before today.
Well, I did see Puig hit a homer at Wrigley last week...
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:11 pm

Great articles, Chris - congrats!!!
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Sports Collectors Daily Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Sports Collectors Daily Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down