Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry?

4 posters

Go down

You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry? Empty You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry?

Post by Z-NUT Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:01 am

I've known about these for a few years, but had never seen one until today. I was looking at a checklist on the Old Baseball Cards site and thought I'd take a look at Ebay to see if any had come up for sale recently. Imagine my horror when I discovered that I missed out on a entire lot of them. Grrrrr frustrated

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11ct-1968-MEMPHIS-BLUES-RED-BARN-VINTAGE-LOT-NICE-FIND-/171013746401?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item27d136aee1&nma=true&si=1A5vqoIpvc0yD0yI0YbLVhyGO5o%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry? $T2eC16N,!ysE9sy0h(mbBRUG72lTtg~~60_57You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry? $T2eC16R,!ysE9sy0iIOUBRUG7vl-h!~~60_57

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry? Empty Re: You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry?

Post by seablaster Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:57 pm

All hope isn't lost just yet Adam.

You've got to make the winning bidder "an offer he can't refuse." Your first shot is your best shot, so make that offer something attractive.
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry? Empty Re: You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry?

Post by sabrjay Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:59 am

given all the dupes I'm willing to bet he'll part with something
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:44 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I've located the buyer and sent a message. Keeping my fingers crossed. Smile

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Good luck Adam. Great collection of Memphis Blues cards. What is the year on this issue (I see '65-'67 noted)? What is "Red Barn"?
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:45 pm

1968. Red Barn was a fast food restaurant.chain in the Memphis area.

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:30 am

Looks like at least three (Renko, Bethke & Smith) in that lot were previously unknown to Beckett.com.

http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1968/memphis-blues-red-barn/

Great stuff Adam. If I run across any, I'll send you a PM.

pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:46 pm

Struck a deal with the owner of these cards and he agreed to part with one of the Jorgensons. It arrived this afternoon and I'm thrilled to add it to my type collection. Couldn't have done it without the suggestions/support of you guys on the board. Thanks!

[img]You ever miss an auction and you just want to cry? Memphi10[/img]

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:52 pm

Great news Adam.
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down