Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

19th Century Style Returns!!!

+2
ullmandds
jbonie
6 posters

Go down

19th Century Style Returns!!! Empty 19th Century Style Returns!!!

Post by jbonie Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:17 pm

Isn't it funny how fashion goes in cycles? Here in Boston, what do you see on the street but guys wearing stuff that was common on cards in 1887 - and is now considered incredibly vogue. You've got hipsters running around in mustaches.

Check out this coat from Allsaints:

http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/coats/allsaints-kaledin-pea-coat/?colour=5&category=116

Same style as Harry Wright wears in his portrait pose Looking Right! Amazing how, the more things change... the more they stay the same.

Hipster mustache photo:

19th Century Style Returns!!! Hot_or10
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
19th Century Style Returns!!! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 10019th Century Style Returns!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

19th Century Style Returns!!! Empty Re: 19th Century Style Returns!!!

Post by ullmandds Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:41 pm

HA HA...I WENT INTO AN ALL SAINTS STORE ONCE...WHAT A FREAK SHOW!!!!!! THE CLOTHES ALL LOOKED LIKE REVOLUTIONARY WAR ERA CLOTHING.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
19th Century Style Returns!!! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 10019th Century Style Returns!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:41 pm

I LOVE ALLSAINTS... BEST BRAND OUT THERE!!!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
19th Century Style Returns!!! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 10019th Century Style Returns!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:04 pm

ha ha...i looked at the website and what i saw didn't look as radical as I remember?! I remember seeing things that reminded me of "the puffy shirt!"

I hope I didn't piss anyone off or offend anyone with my seinfeld reference...I'll try not to do it again!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
19th Century Style Returns!!! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 10019th Century Style Returns!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:18 pm

Jamie...I'm sure those ALLSAINTS clothes look good on you, though!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=171FURqSIQc

ps...just looking for a way to fit this great clip in!!!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:27 pm

ALLSAINTS is not for the faint of heart!

But Pete, your motorcycle jacket is back in vogue... I did buy that jacket (purchase revealed). Will have to get a photo up to match your moto jacket photo (if it can really be matched???).
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:31 pm

ha ha...i think the motorcycle jacket you're referring to...got returned! The first one was too big...and the 2nd one exhibited disappointingly shoddy craftsmanship for a $700 Schott jacket?!?!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:32 pm

ha ha...i just got it...you bought my jacket?!?! do you collect old claiborne leather jackets?????? Evil or Very Mad
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Haha Pete... nooooo, I did not buy your moto jacket. I am not into leather... I like Allsaints, but even I'm not that kinky. Very Happy

Last edited by jbonie on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:26 pm

I'll give you The Saints 1977 (I'm Stranded). One of my favorite 70's Aussie punk bands (outside Radio Birdman). I see some familiar fashion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFvhd--qDDU

and the Birdman...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm6Xs4ppBiM
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
19th Century Style Returns!!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 10019th Century Style Returns!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:53 pm

Thank you, Ty. That is really good stuff. Here's a song I found today and thought, "how did I go 36 years without hearing this?"

Sixto Rodriguez...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cuGVIkoYJw

And Pete, here's an amazing, HILARIOUS film for all you Seinfeld lovers out there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_JOAbxyUd4
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:53 am

damn J your swag be real high wearing a $450 19th century jacket! i'm still rocking my MEMBERS ONLY jacket, does that count as vintage?
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
19th Century Style Returns!!! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 10019th Century Style Returns!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:19 am

Quan, I know you're rocking skinny jeans so let's see some photos!

You know I'm dynamite, you've seen my card collection, right? It runs through my life, style and class... take your tips from me, baby! nahnahnah

Okay, that's enough conceited arrogance for one night - this British clothing is really rubbing off on me! Very Happy
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:52 pm

wish i could pull off this look or a leather jacket. not saying i can hang with jamie pricewise, but it'd be nice to have options. you can definitely tell who the prewar collector is vs a modern guy, even in the clothes they wear!
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
19th Century Style Returns!!! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 10019th Century Style Returns!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:36 am

cccc wrote:wish i could pull off this look or a leather jacket. not saying i can hang with jamie pricewise, but it'd be nice to have options. you can definitely tell who the prewar collector is vs a modern guy, even in the clothes they wear!

I am fortunate to be able to do so, even if I am not the wealthiest of prewar collectors. It takes time and effort to find good stuff, but I do enjoy it. H&M or Uniqlo are also good, more affordable options.

It is all good and fun, but at the end of the day, what is most important are the people we love and the integrity we have as individuals. And I will take those over a nice coat anyday. Smile
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:54 am

how about a nice e173 ewing w/mascot?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:59 am

nice jacket...i'm all for fashion forwardness! check this coat out!!!!!! it's not mine...but I had to try it on...my argentinian buddy, Pablo's coat...It's some kind of animals hair!!!!![img]19th Century Style Returns!!! Thecoa10[/img]
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:24 am

WOW, Pete! I admire your courage in trying it on. That makes my Allsaints coat look rather timid by comparison. I wonder what the heck kind of animal it is. I was tempted to by a leather jacket but feel bad about wearing another animal's skin. But that is one interesting jacket. What do they have down there in Argentina? Alpaca fur? Spotted snow leopard? It's a bold fashion choice, to say the least.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:29 am

ullmandds wrote:how about a nice e173 ewing w/mascot?

Here's a post, just in case there's a few people left on this board who don't hate me yet. Very Happy

19th Century Style Returns!!! Ewingm14
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:03 am

I'd like to have a custom made replica of that chair Willie is standing on.
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
19th Century Style Returns!!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 10019th Century Style Returns!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:54 pm

never looked that closely at the chair before. It is pretty cool.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
19th Century Style Returns!!! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 10019th Century Style Returns!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:55 am

after the back and forth in this thread jamie generously offered to buy me a nice pair of jeans for christmas...but not generous enough as i countered with the n173 as my gift and he flatly turned me down. we've been deadlocked the last couple days in negotiation just like the NHL lockout. i think a compromise somewhere in the neighborhood of a delahanty will do. i'm not sure but might request a third party mediator soon?
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:17 pm

cccc wrote:after the back and forth in this thread jamie generously offered to buy me a nice pair of jeans for christmas...but not generous enough as i countered with the n173 as my gift and he flatly turned me down. we've been deadlocked the last couple days in negotiation just like the NHL lockout. i think a compromise somewhere in the neighborhood of a delahanty will do. i'm not sure but might request a third party mediator soon?

By the time we get finished paying all those lawyers, there'll be nothing left for either of us! Very Happy
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down