Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want: George Owen III - 1952 (Globe Printing) Ventura Braves

2 posters

Go down

Want: George Owen III - 1952 (Globe Printing) Ventura Braves Empty Want: George Owen III - 1952 (Globe Printing) Ventura Braves

Post by wharpiv Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Subject: George Owen III - Minor League Card - 1952 (Globe Printing) Ventura Braves

Hello. I am sincerely hoping that you can help me?

I am looking for information and a baseball card for George Owen III and/or any lead on Minor League Globe Printing Cards from the 1950s.

George played in the minors from 1950-1953.
1950 & 52 California State League (Ventura Braves) - I am looking for this card in this 1952 team set (Card #8)
1951 Quebec (Montreal, Canada)
1951 Appalachian League - Bluefield
1953 Gulf Coast League - Laredo & Brownsville (not sure maybe mid-season?)
1953 Big State League - Paris and/or Austin, Texas (exact time unknown)

Anyway as I said, I am on the look out for this card, a team photo or news clipping from any of those teams/clubs during that time period.

In the case, that you don't have any, then perhaps, you might provide a another store or perhaps another private individual, who deals directly with Vintage Minor league cards or might you post this or put it out there into the baseball universe?

These names have come up during my email/phone searches, maybe you might provide contact info for these folks?

Bill Weiss - (maybe) formerly at Globe Printing in the San Jose, California area? (might be in his 90s?) - got word that Mr. Weiss passed away, so I am wondering if you know who might have inherited/bought his collection?

Marshall Wright - Baseball Historian and close associate of Mr. Weiss.

Jolene Jordan - California Collector
Bill Bareuther - Collector?
Al Moore - Maryland Collector
Kraig Kahler - Illinois Collector
Doug McWilliams - California Collector
Chuck Lobenthal - Ohio Collector
Jerry Kuntz - Collector?
Alan O'Brien - Collector?

The reason being, George had his 86th B-day last month and he has been a great friend of the family since 1966.

I would like to provide him and his family (yes, and myself) with this gift.

Thanks for any help that you may be able to give.

Yours Sincerely,

William Harp

wharpiv
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Want: George Owen III - 1952 (Globe Printing) Ventura Braves Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Want: George Owen III - 1952 (Globe Printing) Ventura Braves Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Want: George Owen III - 1952 (Globe Printing) Ventura Braves Empty Re: Want: George Owen III - 1952 (Globe Printing) Ventura Braves

Post by sabrjay Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:42 pm

I moved this to the main area. Even though it isn't the forum's area of expertise, I'd hate see something like this buried in an area that doesn't get read or seen often.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Want: George Owen III - 1952 (Globe Printing) Ventura Braves Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Want: George Owen III - 1952 (Globe Printing) Ventura Braves Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down