Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued

5 posters

Go down

why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Empty why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued

Post by david slomer Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:09 pm

I have never understood,why football cards, philly,topps,cards have never caught on, I beleive they will in the near future.Ido like the All American College set. Dave S

david slomer
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Empty Re: why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued

Post by sabrjay Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:17 pm

It's baffled me too. As rabid as football fans have been over the past 30 years you would think that vintage football cards would skyrocketing.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Empty Re: why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:33 pm

There is little little footage and no great stories before 1970 that there is no reason for the younger generation to tie themselves to that history. Plus the fact that numbers tell stories and other than the Quarterback and running back there really are no numbers (some they have now are really confusing in football.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:24 pm

those numbers are about as confusing as your post drool
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:19 pm

One reason: Time. Just as baseball had its infancy (1866-1902), professional football also had its era of one league champions crowned (1920-1965). Just as the World Series pitted the best of the National versus the American leagues (1903-present), the NFL did not have its premier game between the NFL & AFL, the Super Bowl until 1966.

Too many other parallels to draw, my theory is the history of professional football is about 50 years behind that of baseball. My guess is football memorabilia for early championship games will become akin to dead ball era baseball in the next twenty years. Don't think Super Bowl era football cards will ever demand higher prices than early baseball, because the game of football became most popular in a time when football and baseball cards were mass produced (the last forty years). Just a theory.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:28 pm

sabrjay wrote:those numbers are about as confusing as your post drool

Good dig, the sibling rivalry continues. Very Happy

Ty makes some great points here. Also, I'll add that maybe football doesn't attract the same type of fans that baseball does and maybe the collectors aren't quite as esoteric. However, I believe that some Mayos of Princeton football players went for pretty good prices a few months ago in Legendary, so the collectors are out there, just maybe not that prominent.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Empty That is a great theory, and I beleive you have hit the nail

Post by david slomer Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:53 pm

pariah1107 wrote:One reason: Time. Just as baseball had its infancy (1866-1902), professional football also had its era of one league champions crowned (1920-1965). Just as the World Series pitted the best of the National versus the American leagues (1903-present), the NFL did not have its premier game between the NFL & AFL, the Super Bowl until 1966.

Too many other parallels to draw, my theory is the history of professional football is about 50 years behind that of baseball. My guess is football memorabilia for early championship games will become akin to dead ball era baseball in the next twenty years. Don't think Super Bowl era football cards will ever demand higher prices than early baseball, because the game of football became most popular in a time when football and baseball cards were mass produced (the last forty years). Just a theory.

david slomer
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Empty Another great answer, no stats

Post by david slomer Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:55 pm

bowlingshoeguy wrote:There is little little footage and no great stories before 1970 that there is no reason for the younger generation to tie themselves to that history. Plus the fact that numbers tell stories and other than the Quarterback and running back there really are no numbers (some they have now are really confusing in football.

Lee

david slomer
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

why are vintage football cards (exc.chickle) not valued Empty . I think the Mayo's and early college players are collecta

Post by david slomer Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:00 pm

jbonie wrote:
sabrjay wrote:those numbers are about as confusing as your post drool

Good dig, the sibling rivalry continues. Very Happy

Ty makes some great points here. Also, I'll add that maybe football doesn't attract the same type of fans that baseball does and maybe the collectors aren't quite as esoteric. However, I believe that some Mayos of Princeton football players went for pretty good prices a few months ago in Legendary, so the collectors are out there, just maybe not that prominent.

david slomer
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down