Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud

+3
cccc
BigGuy219
Z-NUT
7 posters

Go down

Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Empty Re: Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud

Post by BigGuy219 Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Can Chris Sullivan get his E107s back? mallet
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Empty Re: Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud

Post by cccc Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:57 pm

good stuff, eff 'em. always gave off a car salesman vibe to me, like many others in the hobby.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:21 pm

BigGuy219 wrote:Can Chris Sullivan get his E107s back? mallet

+1

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:03 pm

BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:16 pm

Hmm. Count 14 of the indictment alleges they have E-mail from Doug Allen to a consignor stating he shilled the consignor's auction!
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:25 am

I don' t think anyone can be too surprised. This stuff happened eons ago. Anyone in the hobby who hasn't heard about it has been living under a rock.

It's regrettable that it happened but I think I'm a bit fatigued of the topic. Better to focus on what is enjoyable in the hobby than let its more sultry characters steal all the attention.

Real justice will be served when we don't get over-saturated with posts about things that happened five years ago. They're being indicted - 'tis a shame. 'Tis a pity. 'Tis not my problem.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:48 am

jbonie wrote:I don' t think anyone can be too surprised. This stuff happened eons ago. Anyone in the hobby who hasn't heard about it has been living under a rock.

It's regrettable that it happened but I think I'm a bit fatigued of the topic. Better to focus on what is enjoyable in the hobby than let its more sultry characters steal all the attention.

Real justice will be served when we don't get over-saturated with posts about things that happened five years ago. They're being indicted - 'tis a shame. 'Tis a pity. 'Tis not my problem.

I guess I've been under a rock!

I have a post two days before this happened singing the praises of Doug Allen and Legendary concerning the E107 catalog.

I tell you. I'm shocked, shocked.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:26 am

Under a rock has been a pretty good place to be!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:32 pm

While it would be nice to ignore this, it is very important tot he hobby no matter how long ago it happened. At the Mastro was the THE auction house in the hobby, so this is still big news. Especially since part of this story involves the govt declaring that the PSA8 Wagner is trimmed. I'm sure Joe O can't be happy with that and their PR spin will be interesting to see.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:32 pm

sabrjay wrote:While it would be nice to ignore this, it is very important tot he hobby no matter how long ago it happened. At the Mastro was the THE auction house in the hobby, so this is still big news. Especially since part of this story involves the govt declaring that the PSA8 Wagner is trimmed. I'm sure Joe O can't be happy with that and their PR spin will be interesting to see.

True, it will be interesting to see how it all turns out.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:38 pm

don't really care about the psa 8, all i know is i bidded and won some items (a few higher value) during this timeframe and i'm pissed about it.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:24 pm

cccc wrote:don't really care about the psa 8, all i know is i bidded and won some items (a few higher value) during this timeframe and i'm pissed about it.

Most of us have gotten burned by them at one point or another. That's why they're wealthy and we're not. It's also why they're being indicted and we're not.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:51 am

Did this guy ever have an ebay store, or was he a single-source auction site like REA? I'm curious now to find out if I bought anything from him.
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:40 pm

This was a long time coming. I had a really bad experience with them years ago when I bid and won a E107 Plank, only to see the price jump by $1000 AN HOUR AFTER THE AUCTION HAD CLOSED!!!
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:45 pm

I first met Mastro way back in 1982. Bill always rubbed me the wrong way and rarely ever bought anything from him because he would usually piss me off before I decided to buy.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Bill Mastro/Doug Allen indicted for fraud Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:06 pm

fisherboy7 wrote:This was a long time coming. I had a really bad experience with them years ago when I bid and won a E107 Plank, only to see the price jump by $1000 AN HOUR AFTER THE AUCTION HAD CLOSED!!!

yea i remember that. we'll never know for sure but that certainly sucked.

sabrjay wrote:I first met Mastro way back in 1982. Bill always rubbed me the wrong way and rarely ever bought anything from him because he would usually piss me off before I decided to buy.

my only experience with him was from watching the lionel carter dvd they made. he gave off that smarmy feel to me. i don't even know what smarmy meant but that word just came to my mind. some people gives you the warm fuzzy feel, others give you the creeps like "stay away from my child!".
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down